RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part I

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part I

November 22nd, 2010, 4:33 pm #1

WARNING - Photobucket will reset the bandwidth tomorrow night so the pics will be visible again -
sorry for the trouble .

Here is the start of a new project of mine during the dead times of the A-50M final painting, so it progress will be slow.

Thank to the generous and invaluable help of Mrrss. Michael Kelly and Jennings Heilig I can now start my conversion of the AMT RC-135V 1/72 scale into an RC-135S Cobra Ball, as it appeared in the late seventies/early eighties when operating from Northern AFBs .

Here are some pics of the tracing for the main conversion work

Looking at the pics I gathered, there is the need to detail the landing gear wells, also with the main doors closed as they are on the ground .

Also the engines pilons will need the removal of their "humps", the rear side teardrops will be made from scratch.

I made some bracing on the cabin floor, according to suggestion from fellow Hyperscalers, with 5 mm. square rods .

That's all for now, any comment/suggestion very wellcome .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on November 23rd, 2010, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 22nd, 2010, 4:47 pm #2

I converted this about 15 years ago for someone who worked on them in Alaska!

[/IMG]

Eric

November 22nd, 2010, 5:54 pm #3

Very nice shot Eric. Good looking build and well photographed.

david

November 22nd, 2010, 5:56 pm #4

WARNING - Photobucket will reset the bandwidth tomorrow night so the pics will be visible again -
sorry for the trouble .

Here is the start of a new project of mine during the dead times of the A-50M final painting, so it progress will be slow.

Thank to the generous and invaluable help of Mrrss. Michael Kelly and Jennings Heilig I can now start my conversion of the AMT RC-135V 1/72 scale into an RC-135S Cobra Ball, as it appeared in the late seventies/early eighties when operating from Northern AFBs .

Looking at the pics I gathered, there is the need to detail the landing gear wells, also with the main doors closed as they are on the ground .

Also the engines pilons will need the removal of their "humps", the rear side teardrops will be made from scratch.

I made some bracing on the cabin floor, according to suggestion from fellow Hyperscalers, with 5 mm. square rods .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Will be watching this one with close interest.

david

November 22nd, 2010, 6:06 pm #5

Very nice shot Eric. Good looking build and well photographed.

david
were long!!!!

Good Eye you can always tell it's a model if there is no one home!!!!
\

Eric

November 22nd, 2010, 7:37 pm #6

I converted this about 15 years ago for someone who worked on them in Alaska!

[/IMG]

Eric
Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

November 22nd, 2010, 7:50 pm #7

sorry for the trouble .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
One of my all time favourite aircraft.

All the very best.

Adrian (who is a sucker for any and all of the 135 series aircraft.)

November 22nd, 2010, 8:42 pm #8

sorry for the trouble .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
My favorite C-135 conversion, looking forwards to this build, (love your M-50 to)

Pieter

November 22nd, 2010, 10:47 pm #9

Will be watching this one with close interest.

david
Please remember to take into account I'm a slooooow builder and the A-50M has priority .

Thank you David .

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

November 22nd, 2010, 10:48 pm #10

One of my all time favourite aircraft.

All the very best.

Adrian (who is a sucker for any and all of the 135 series aircraft.)
./.

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK