Rattle Can Corrision Control

Rattle Can Corrision Control

December 9th, 2016, 12:10 am #1

12/8/16

Hello all:

I am about ready to send a 1/72 scale F/A-18 F to the paint shop. I've read that Navy birds at sea, when sustaining scratches, etc., due to normal ops, have the damage sprayed from an aerosol can. Ugly, but minimizes rust. In 1/72nd scale, I think this would look like dots.

Secondly, wouldn't modern paint technology minimize fading of the overall aircraft paint? Minimizing fading on models? If so, how long approximately would this technology have been in use?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address these two items? IMHO, less is more.

TIA,

December 9th, 2016, 10:20 am #2

Like the 72nd scratches, don't think 72nd touch-ups would show. nt.

December 9th, 2016, 3:27 pm #3

If it's showing up as a slightly different colour (due to weathering or badly matched paint) then it would show just as much in 1/72 scale. Of course best to model from pictures of the actual airframe though.

December 9th, 2016, 3:56 pm #4

12/8/16

Hello all:

I am about ready to send a 1/72 scale F/A-18 F to the paint shop. I've read that Navy birds at sea, when sustaining scratches, etc., due to normal ops, have the damage sprayed from an aerosol can. Ugly, but minimizes rust. In 1/72nd scale, I think this would look like dots.

Secondly, wouldn't modern paint technology minimize fading of the overall aircraft paint? Minimizing fading on models? If so, how long approximately would this technology have been in use?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address these two items? IMHO, less is more.

TIA,
Rust on aircraft?

Hmmmm... Our corrosion control must be the best in the world, because I've never seen 'rust' on any of our planes.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

December 10th, 2016, 8:37 pm #5

12/8/16

Hello all:

TIA,