Quick Hurricane Q

Quick Hurricane Q

March 14th, 2018, 1:21 am #1

As I know nothing about Hurricanes and picked up the very nice Airfix kit last weekend, is the color callout of aluminum correct for the cockpit, wheel wells, etc? I presume it is, they should know ! Thank you, Karl

March 14th, 2018, 1:38 am #2

Found a bit of a mix looking through pics. Wheel wheels certainly yes for Aluminium...

March 14th, 2018, 1:43 am #3

As I know nothing about Hurricanes and picked up the very nice Airfix kit last weekend, is the color callout of aluminum correct for the cockpit, wheel wells, etc? I presume it is, they should know ! Thank you, Karl
Nt

March 14th, 2018, 9:29 pm #4

...MkI or MkII. MkIs had a grey green interior
with a silver frame cage and seat.
MkIIs (and later) had pretty much grey green everything.

HTH have fun !

My feelings can only be hurt by
people who's opinion I care about.

March 17th, 2018, 2:41 am #5

Hi Karl, hi Mike

Hi Karl, for a Mk.I, apart from cockpit upper side walls and rear bulkhead in grey-green, ALL the rest painted aluminium.(that's wheel well, gun bays, engine compartment etc)

The rest Karl is not particularly relevant to your question,

Mike, Mk.II's salvaged from Russia are as the Mk.I, aluminium painted internals, but after a certain point Grey-Green interiors , after 1942?

The UC legs ended up the underside colour, and probably the UC wells, as the famous photo of KZ295 shows
(see link below)

here's a post on this, note the links with more photos of the Finnish Mk. and salvaged Russian Mk.II's
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... nt=1682406

while searching up a pic of KZ295, i re-found this thread
This is an thread on Hurricane primers, but has more shots probably from the KZ295 photo session showing UC well in underside colour.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... hurricane/
the yellow has not had an answer as yet, except it maybe Canadian built?

HTH

March 18th, 2018, 3:16 am #6

Hi Tony, I'm not positive on the date of
the switch to all IGG interiors but it was
likely after the MkIIA series I. No big
deal, thanks.

My feelings can only be hurt by
people who's opinion I care about.