Question on 1/24 Revell '56 Ford F-100 pickup

Question on 1/24 Revell '56 Ford F-100 pickup

October 13th, 2013, 12:55 am #1

I'm building the Revell 1/24 '56 Ford F-100 for my friend's birthday, she says this is her favorite vehicle ever as it reminds her of her grandfather and being a teenager.

So, I've found out this kit sucks, the fit is horrible all around, maybe just old molds. But I can handle that, no problem.

But I ran into a problem last night I'm not sure about. I attached the front axle/crossbar and was going to attach the rear axle and realized the way the kit is would jack up the rear end by a significant amount--and I used the "Stock" axles. So my question is, on a stock '56 should the chassis be level or jacked up at the rear? I would think level. If so, I will shim the front end or remove height on the rear.

Thanks!
Don
Last edited by Starfire94C on October 13th, 2013, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 13th, 2013, 10:23 am #2

find pics of a STOCK one!! But I did find a few that I think are somewhat stock-ish in the first doz pgs. Looks to be a very level 'stock' stance to me.

Sure you installed the axles, ft or rear, correctly, right side up?

October 13th, 2013, 3:08 pm #3

I'm building the Revell 1/24 '56 Ford F-100 for my friend's birthday, she says this is her favorite vehicle ever as it reminds her of her grandfather and being a teenager.

So, I've found out this kit sucks, the fit is horrible all around, maybe just old molds. But I can handle that, no problem.

But I ran into a problem last night I'm not sure about. I attached the front axle/crossbar and was going to attach the rear axle and realized the way the kit is would jack up the rear end by a significant amount--and I used the "Stock" axles. So my question is, on a stock '56 should the chassis be level or jacked up at the rear? I would think level. If so, I will shim the front end or remove height on the rear.

Thanks!
Don
It probably dates back to about 1956! A lot of car kits are released more or less when the subject is/was new. Also, over the years, the molds sometimes get modified, tweaked, etc. so that some of the parts may not fit for a particular version any more.

October 14th, 2013, 9:52 pm #4

I think it dates to the early or mid '60s.

I wonder if the front axle has been "dropped" somewhere along the way....

Remember, to a real modeler, kit instructions are just somebody else's opinion.

Retro & Nostalgia Scale Modeling Forum: http://retroscalemodeling.lefora.com/

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!