question for you legal eagles among us

question for you legal eagles among us

January 2nd, 2012, 8:13 pm #1

On the Discovery Channel they are running a show about Moonshiners. How can they film two guys commiting a felony and no one go to jail?

Mike

January 2nd, 2012, 8:17 pm #2

Some of the stuff was filmed a couple of years ago. Popcorn killed himself rather than go to jail back in 2009...

Cheers,
Dave

January 2nd, 2012, 8:28 pm #3

His forever drunk helper Tickle broke his ribs last night. Interesting to watch the Law trying to find these guys and that the Moonshiners use trail cameras as sentinals around their still.

January 2nd, 2012, 8:34 pm #4

I've seen some of the previews that show him in them. I've not watch enough of it to see what his involvement would have been..

Here's some footage of him. Those of us who don't speak Southern may have trouble understanding him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkoc5-9 ... re=related

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by dgcantrell on January 2nd, 2012, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 2nd, 2012, 9:40 pm #5

On the Discovery Channel they are running a show about Moonshiners. How can they film two guys commiting a felony and no one go to jail?

Mike
The same way they make movies about dinosaurs.

January 2nd, 2012, 10:01 pm #6

I've seen some of the previews that show him in them. I've not watch enough of it to see what his involvement would have been..

Here's some footage of him. Those of us who don't speak Southern may have trouble understanding him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkoc5-9 ... re=related

Cheers,
Dave
I have seen him on there,just not much so I forgot.

A shame he killed himself.

Mike

January 2nd, 2012, 10:31 pm #7

Mike
I see hundreds of illegal aliens every day. Not sure if it's a felony, but similar exampl

January 3rd, 2012, 12:15 am #8

Mike
Or is it the selling of it without paying Federal taxes?

Bo

January 3rd, 2012, 12:52 am #9

some great 'shine back in the day when I lived in Missouri. A good ole boy used to come round to the pallet shop I worked at with deliveries every Saturday. The local and state law were some of his best customers.

One really hot summer day just after leaving us, a call came in on the Sheriff's radio of a truck off the road and into the creek near the bridge on Hwy 7 not far from where we were. The Sheriff took off, we followed in our truck (it was time to go to lunch) and here sitting on top of his cab in the middle of the creek was the 'shiner. Seems he took a sip too many of his own stuff and between the heat and not eating all day...it went straight to his head.

When asked how he ended up in the creek, "I was pulling over on the shoulder to let the bridge pass by." We all laughed at hearing that. The stuff was that good! LOL

Making shine for personal consumption was legal, transporting and selling untaxed liquor wasn't.

The caves in the Ozarks often were places were moonshiners had their setups. We'd find stills, snakes or both inside those caves on my friends ranch near Edwards, MO.

January 3rd, 2012, 1:05 am #10

You can even give it away to family and friends but just don't sell it.

Bo