Question for Brett (or anyone that knows) re Tamiya 109-G

Question for Brett (or anyone that knows) re Tamiya 109-G

January 14th, 2018, 9:19 am #1

Hi Brett.

I have a hankering to buy a 1/48 G-6, yet have been completely put off the Eduard kit due to it's initial incarnation, and even now when I look at some images of the revised kit, it just does not seem right, and I still have my doubts. Before typing this post, I did some research and found your review of the revised Eduard kit.
Your photo- here

-shows exactly the problem I have with viewing the finished article, namely a chunky looking central fuselage.

I was wondering, when reviewing and generally playing around with the new Tamiya parts, did you happen to compare them against the revised Eduard fuselage halves to see how they compared?

regards, Rich

January 14th, 2018, 6:58 pm #2

Here's a visual comparison of the two kits taken from the relatively same angle of view. Personally, I can't tell much difference. I made a slight enhancement to the Eduard kit when I used some teardrop clear parts from the spares box for the umbrella holders. If I could build either one I would choose the Tamiya kit even though I haven't touched one yet. I don't care for Eduard's engineering of the wheel wells with numerous parts and butt joins.

[url[/img][/url]

[url[/img][/url]