PZL P.11c, 111th Fighter Flight, Sept., 1938, Revell, Finished

PZL P.11c, 111th Fighter Flight, Sept., 1938, Revell, Finished

October 25th, 2011, 5:46 am #1

Completing this required constructing a windscreen (assembled on the model from four pieces of .005" clear sheet), and adding tail struts (I lost one of the kit pieces, so had to scratch new ones), wing guns from bits of Plastruct rod,and the propeller,as well as some small paint touchings up.

The kit decals match very closely to a photograph of 111th fighter flight lined up in a show of force against Czechoslovakia at the end of September, 1938, when Poland demanded the Zaolzie district. The photograph shows a field with patchy grass and quite a bit of mud, so I have tried for that in making the base....

I am happy with how this turned out: a nice little kit,and a reasonably trouble-free build, with an excellent technique (Future for decals) assimilated during it. Were I doing this again, though, I expect I could make a better job of the inter-face between the wing-struts and the landing gear struts.

Earlier steps of this build can be found here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/644810/t ... st+Done%29

October 25th, 2011, 11:52 am #2

Outstanding work and great finish!!!

October 25th, 2011, 2:19 pm #3

Completing this required constructing a windscreen (assembled on the model from four pieces of .005" clear sheet), and adding tail struts (I lost one of the kit pieces, so had to scratch new ones), wing guns from bits of Plastruct rod,and the propeller,as well as some small paint touchings up.

The kit decals match very closely to a photograph of 111th fighter flight lined up in a show of force against Czechoslovakia at the end of September, 1938, when Poland demanded the Zaolzie district. The photograph shows a field with patchy grass and quite a bit of mud, so I have tried for that in making the base....

I am happy with how this turned out: a nice little kit,and a reasonably trouble-free build, with an excellent technique (Future for decals) assimilated during it. Were I doing this again, though, I expect I could make a better job of the inter-face between the wing-struts and the landing gear struts.

That's a very spiffy looking cockpit, and it really shows.

Stuart

October 25th, 2011, 3:11 pm #4

Beautiful build of this old and - I think - rare classic. You seem to have nailed that elusive Polish khaki colour perfectly. Fine windscreen too - don't think I could have done that with four such tiny pieces!

Looking forward to your progress on the Demon and the P-6.

October 25th, 2011, 4:40 pm #5

That is one nice finish, OM! I've never seen that kit completed. Looks great and even better on a base.

Well done.

October 25th, 2011, 5:47 pm #6

You brought this old kit to a higher level

I like the way the decals turned out - and how the work on the interior paid of so good

Looking forward to see more builds from you

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1/2)
1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

October 25th, 2011, 11:48 pm #7

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

October 26th, 2011, 2:42 am #8

I've got both this Revell kit and the Heller/Encore tooling as well. You're motivating me to find them in my stash and start working on them right now! (Sigh...so many kits, such little time...).

Ken Glass
Ken Glass

October 26th, 2011, 10:45 pm #9

n/t

October 30th, 2011, 8:07 am #10

Thank You Very Much, Gentlemen!