Problem with Microscale Sol decal softener

Problem with Microscale Sol decal softener

March 15th, 2012, 11:47 am #1

I´m having problems with Microscale Sol decal softener. I applied Microscale Sol to the Aeromaster decals on my model but it seems the the decals didn´t react to the softener as the decals don´t confirm to the surface. Unfortunately, I discovered this problem only after I had sprayed the decals with a coat of Gunze gloss clear. I guess it´s too late to fix now?

March 15th, 2012, 12:33 pm #2

To be used in conjunction with Micro Set...

You may also find that different brands of decals do not work with a particular brand of decal solvent/set. Micro Set/Sol may work great on some decals and have no effect on others.

Once you applied a gloss coat you are pretty much stuck with your results. Your decals should have been applied on top of a gloss coat too.

March 15th, 2012, 1:51 pm #3

I´m having problems with Microscale Sol decal softener. I applied Microscale Sol to the Aeromaster decals on my model but it seems the the decals didn´t react to the softener as the decals don´t confirm to the surface. Unfortunately, I discovered this problem only after I had sprayed the decals with a coat of Gunze gloss clear. I guess it´s too late to fix now?
Even with the clear coat in place you might try pricking the decal with a pin in a few places or making some small knife cuts, then apply some more MicroSol.