Problem with airbrush - not siphoning paint up the tube AND...

Problem with airbrush - not siphoning paint up the tube AND...

December 9th, 2012, 8:35 pm #1

....when I press the trigger there is air going back down into the jar as the paint/thinner mixture is bubbling every time the trigger is pressed.

I thoroughly cleaned the airbrush and the paint mixture is very thinned plus I'm getting the same reaction when I just attempt to spray the thinner.

Airbrush is Badger 200; have never had a problem like this.

Please assist if you can.

TIA!

Rick

December 9th, 2012, 8:37 pm #2

Classic symptoms of a dirty brush.

December 9th, 2012, 8:59 pm #3

....when I press the trigger there is air going back down into the jar as the paint/thinner mixture is bubbling every time the trigger is pressed.

I thoroughly cleaned the airbrush and the paint mixture is very thinned plus I'm getting the same reaction when I just attempt to spray the thinner.

TIA!

Rick
I have to agree with Pete, DRITY airbrush. I also have a Badger 200, Clean, clean clean.. using a magnafing glass and a light look into the paint nozzel make sure no lint or, pipe clean fibers are in the barrel (I've had it happen). On the 200 this is IMHO is where you are most likely to have the clog. I also made a tool out of gitare wire, bent a loop onto it to hold, and I use it to clean that on little part.
Good luck.
Alway keep your brush clean
Air-5

December 9th, 2012, 9:02 pm #4

TIA!

Rick
My advice would be to run some staright thinner through the airbrush- if you use enamels- whatever other thinner suitable for the paint you usually use.
Then, pull the needle out entirely, and look for a buildup of paint around the needle.
you will then need to carefully sand the buildup of paint off the needle- I use wet and dry- starting with 800 using the thinner as the fluid to sand with.
I polish it with 1600 to finish. roll the needle as you sand.

be careful not to damage the very tip.
This may sort out the problem you described.
Dan,

December 9th, 2012, 10:38 pm #5

TIA!

Rick
nt

December 10th, 2012, 12:25 am #6

TIA!

Rick
If it's the old 200, the Teflon gasket may need to be replaced. They wear out after a while. Try a little Chapstick on the threads that go into the body.

If it's the 200NH, there might be some crud or a scratch where the tip enters the body. Try rubbing a little bees wax here.

Have a look at this page: https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbr ... leshooting

Don

December 10th, 2012, 3:52 am #7

....it was indeed the tip; all I did was unscrew the tip (just the part around the needle tip)and hooked up a jar of water to it. I then started spraying and, after awhile, out came the water. I then screwed the tip part back on and the water came out right away. Hooked up the paint jar and I was back in business!

Thanks again!

Rick