Print Scale Decals?

Print Scale Decals?

May 8th, 2012, 2:44 am #1

Anybody have any experience that they can relate? I've never seen them in person, or read a review.

Todd Enlund

"Bandits at 3 O'Clock"
"Roger. What should I do 'till then?"
Todd Enlund

"Bandits at three o'clock."

May 8th, 2012, 3:28 am #2

Todd

I used their 1/48 Sea Fury set last year and although some of the decals were nice, I had some trouble with a couple of them. Here is a shot of the tail checker board decal. It would not settle into the engraved lines even with multiple applications of Microset. I also had one of the decals shatter on the same sheet. It was a piece of stencilling so I was not too worried.

Also, the sheet left off some markings which I thought were pretty important. As I said I was building the Burmese Sea Fury and there is a serial number on the underside of the wing. Print Scale did not supply that decal. Also, I was not totally convinced that the national markings had the correct shades of colour.

Honestly I don't know if I would be using them again. Not sure if that answers your question but that was my experience.

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Chris Aleong on May 8th, 2012, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 8th, 2012, 3:43 am #3

All opinions are valid. They do make some interesting stuff, so I might try a sheet just to find out, but I do value other opinions before I spend my money.

Todd Enlund

"Bandits at 3 O'Clock"
Todd Enlund

May 8th, 2012, 4:18 am #4

they do make some interesting stuff. I just picked up one of their MiG 17 sheets and I think this one is not as nice as their Sea Fury sheet. This MiG 17 sheet was out of register in the roundels which is kinda important I think.

Cheers
Chris

May 8th, 2012, 4:51 am #5

...thanks.

Todd Enlund

"Bandits at 3 O'Clock"
Todd Enlund