Posting ettiquette...what's the general consensus ?

Posting ettiquette...what's the general consensus ?

June 17th, 2012, 5:10 pm #1

When acknowledging replies posted to a build on "Plastic Pics", should one respond to individuals or wait an appropriate time period and post a 'blanket' "..thanks.."?
It seems to me that responding to each and every reply to ones' post takes up more space than necessary and lends itself to repetitive acknowledgements. Or doesn't it matter? I've seen it done both ways over the years.

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

June 17th, 2012, 5:16 pm #2

n/m

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

June 17th, 2012, 6:01 pm #3

When acknowledging replies posted to a build on "Plastic Pics", should one respond to individuals or wait an appropriate time period and post a 'blanket' "..thanks.."?
It seems to me that responding to each and every reply to ones' post takes up more space than necessary and lends itself to repetitive acknowledgements. Or doesn't it matter? I've seen it done both ways over the years.

I know I would be...

June 17th, 2012, 6:18 pm #4

Do whatever you want, I don't usually reply at all unless someone asks a question. Then again I rarely just post pictures for no reason. As far as asking questions go I always respond(occasionally I forget I even posted due to this outdated forum) but usually just once to thank people for helping me out.

June 17th, 2012, 9:35 pm #5

...if you wait too long, your thank you could easily
be missed by your admirers. If you respond too
soon you miss subsequent admirers.
A true dilema.

...or Morton's fork.

June 17th, 2012, 10:09 pm #6

June 18th, 2012, 3:28 am #7

June 20th, 2012, 3:43 am #8

We all know that the poster appreciates our comments, or I feel that way anyway. No need to take up alot of space. Now if someone asks a question or offfers a suggestion then I will reply to that.

Brandon