Polikarpov I-16 Tipo 24. Hasegawa 1/72.

Polikarpov I-16 Tipo 24. Hasegawa 1/72.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:14 pm #1

Hi all fellow modellers.

This is my latest work, the nice but wrong Hasegawa kit. Perfect fitting, but some inaccuracies in wings surfaces, tail and rear fuselage width.

I didnt fix these issues, and still looks like a I-16!

The build was very easy and pleasant with almost no putty, except a few fine lines in the wing roots. The nightmare come when I choose the ICM decals, which shattered at minor contact with water, didnt stick, didnt conform and was about to ruin this model.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis

March 23rd, 2012, 3:18 pm #2

..considering how tiny this kit must be in 1/72, built some in 1/48 and they were already tiny
nice work and greetings to Argentina!

March 23rd, 2012, 5:37 pm #3

Hi all fellow modellers.

This is my latest work, the nice but wrong Hasegawa kit. Perfect fitting, but some inaccuracies in wings surfaces, tail and rear fuselage width.

The build was very easy and pleasant with almost no putty, except a few fine lines in the wing roots. The nightmare come when I choose the ICM decals, which shattered at minor contact with water, didnt stick, didnt conform and was about to ruin this model.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
I like it very much!
I noticed the subtle yet convincing lights-and-shadows job you did on the clothed areas of wings and tail.

Beautiful model all around. I love it!

Saludos,

Fabian

March 23rd, 2012, 6:08 pm #4

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
Beautifuly done superb paint and weathering, nice pics too.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 23rd, 2012, 6:41 pm #5

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
Very well done!

Brandon

March 24th, 2012, 2:11 am #6

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
Really like the scheme and your subtle weathering. Well done!

Joe

March 24th, 2012, 5:43 am #7

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
r

March 25th, 2012, 9:02 am #8

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
Luis,

I love your detail work and especially the painting of your I-16. Fantastic job!

Cheers,
Don

March 26th, 2012, 2:36 am #9

Hi all fellow modellers.

Hope you like it:

Bye for now...

Luis
M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

March 26th, 2012, 9:41 am #10

Many thanks again!

Best Regards.

Luis