Pics of aircraft with ordnance displayed?

Pics of aircraft with ordnance displayed?

March 15th, 2012, 3:15 pm #1

there was a pic from the 1960's, most likely from National Geographic of a fighter with all the different types of ordnance it could carry displayed in front of the jet in I think a V pattern.

anyone remember that photo??

Wondering if there are any other pics like that, displaying what a plane can carry -

like all the 500 pndrs a B-52 could carry all lined up in front, same for a B-36, etc.

could be an interesting display option to show just what the planes could do

March 15th, 2012, 3:19 pm #2

Cheers,

Lee G.

March 15th, 2012, 3:22 pm #3

yeah, that is what I was thinking of, but not the pic I remember. It was an F4 or something. In color. Nat'l Geographic really promoted the military in the 50-60's..

March 15th, 2012, 3:23 pm #4

there was a pic from the 1960's, most likely from National Geographic of a fighter with all the different types of ordnance it could carry displayed in front of the jet in I think a V pattern.

Wondering if there are any other pics like that, displaying what a plane can carry -

like all the 500 pndrs a B-52 could carry all lined up in front, same for a B-36, etc.

Lots of manufacturers and air forces have used that display format over the years. I agree with you, it's a very effective way to show firepower.

Here's a Rhodesian Air Force Hunter from the 70s.

David

David Womby, Florida.

March 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm #5

yeah, that is what I was thinking of, but not the pic I remember. It was an F4 or something. In color. Nat'l Geographic really promoted the military in the 50-60's..
n/t

March 15th, 2012, 3:44 pm #6

Here are some examples of photos that you're looking for.

I think almost every manufacturers demonstrated potential of their fighters or bombers in this kind of photos.

Jun from Tokyo

March 15th, 2012, 3:50 pm #7

Lots of manufacturers and air forces have used that display format over the years. I agree with you, it's a very effective way to show firepower.

Here's a Rhodesian Air Force Hunter from the 70s.

David
obivously these pics show what the plane can carry, but not all at once. still looks great.

40 500 pounders for a B-29. that would make a seriously cool display for the kit.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_bomb ... in_bombers

have not found a # for the B-52 but it must be close to double that.

March 15th, 2012, 4:56 pm #8

From Plane-A-Day.

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !

March 15th, 2012, 5:11 pm #9

And yes Google was my friend too. I search Google images with "b-52 bomb load"

HTH,
Wendell

March 15th, 2012, 5:20 pm #10

Here:

?w=460&h=356

HTH
Wendell