Picked up a Tamiya F-117A with Hummer kit in 48th scale. Only paid $30 at Hobbylobby stor

Picked up a Tamiya F-117A with Hummer kit in 48th scale. Only paid $30 at Hobbylobby stor

March 5th, 2012, 3:03 am #1

in Austin. don't really build modern jets or vehicles. Guess I just put it in the "stack".

Anyone have any comments on either kit?

Philip & Maximilian(Doing fine at school)

Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

March 5th, 2012, 4:08 pm #2

I don't know what you normally build but that is a great deal you got there. I waited for a good price drop at my HL here in Georgia but it got snagged. Had my eye on it for a while. The kit itself is excellent. Tamiya fit and engineering with a free humvee. Not sure about that one though. Save it for a sanity build, or even sell it.
Cheers,
John

March 5th, 2012, 9:10 pm #3

in Austin. don't really build modern jets or vehicles. Guess I just put it in the "stack".

for the Hummvee alone.......

great find!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

March 6th, 2012, 6:29 am #4

With a 40% off HL coupon some months back. Typical Tamiya quality kit - both of 'em. HummVee's pretty neat, too.

Pay particularly close attention to the instructions when assembling the [open] bomb-bay - and doors - on the F-117, though. It's quite easy to get it backwards (ask me how I know).

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

March 20th, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

I don't know what you normally build but that is a great deal you got there. I waited for a good price drop at my HL here in Georgia but it got snagged. Had my eye on it for a while. The kit itself is excellent. Tamiya fit and engineering with a free humvee. Not sure about that one though. Save it for a sanity build, or even sell it.
Cheers,
John
Thanks!
John

March 26th, 2012, 12:52 pm #6

As I would describe it is one that is easily assembled and can be finished quickly. Sometimes if I'm working on a really challenging project and am losing interest, I would typically break out a Tamiya something or other and bang it out just because it goes together so easy and looks great straight from the box. I heard it on these forums a few times and liked it.