Phil Parsons conclusion of SU-27 is right on

Phil Parsons conclusion of SU-27 is right on

March 29th, 2012, 7:33 am #1

Hi,

Considering that the Eduard SU-27 is a mix of update sets I'm a little disappointed.
When I heard the news that they would release a SU-27 I first thought it would be a new tooling SU-27.
This would be far better than the refurbished Academy kit.
I've got several sets for the Academy kit which doesn't bring it to the standards of the Eduard Mig-21's.
So will there be in the future a decent SU-27?

Michel

March 29th, 2012, 9:44 am #2

Asked myself the same question...
Just adding few bits and gizmos to an old kit does not do it for me!

Specially at that retail price...

Lionel

March 29th, 2012, 10:00 am #3

Hi,

Considering that the Eduard SU-27 is a mix of update sets I'm a little disappointed.
When I heard the news that they would release a SU-27 I first thought it would be a new tooling SU-27.
I've got several sets for the Academy kit which doesn't bring it to the standards of the Eduard Mig-21's.

Michel
Pretty much most of Eduard's new tool releases have had a good deal of promotional forecast, while their reboxed kits are called out just a couple of months in advance.

A reboxed 48th Su-27 makes sense than all the time and investment a new tool Su-27 kit would take. However, I don't see the need for such a ridiculous MSRP! It's bordering on absurd, especially since for the asking price a corrected nose, full exhaust, wheels, and accurate Soviet modern missiles (since the kit ones are all wrong) are sold as separate accessories instead of being included. A good marketing approach, but one that gouges the comsumer! Had Eduard of included those useful accessories; it would have been a great deal.

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

March 29th, 2012, 10:46 pm #4

Hi,

Michel
Why the hell hasn't Hasegawa or Tamiya made a 1/48 Su-27? I think they would sell heaps of them.

I have the Trumpeter 1/32 effort and have spent a small fortune collecting all the aftermarket bits to build a half decent Suk. There really needs to be a more economical way to build a decent representation of this amazing aeroplane.