Pfalz D-III Roden 1/32 scale

Pfalz D-III Roden 1/32 scale

May 22nd, 2012, 3:45 am #1

Here is my altest build. Roden has a great offering if you are looking for a less complicated and cheaper alternative to the WNW kit. This is straight out of the box except the seatbelts made from masking tape and spare photo etch. Paint is a little rough because the silver was acrylic base and then I applied decals and oversprayed a flat enamel. This bubbled and wrecked the black paint and decals! I did my best to correct them and overpaint the decals.

Last edited by mixont on May 23rd, 2012, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 5:03 am #2

r

May 22nd, 2012, 11:10 am #3

Here is my altest build. Roden has a great offering if you are looking for a less complicated and cheaper alternative to the WNW kit. This is straight out of the box except the seatbelts made from masking tape and spare photo etch. Paint is a little rough because the silver was acrylic base and then I applied decals and oversprayed a flat enamel. This bubbled and wrecked the black paint and decals! I did my best to correct them and overpaint the decals.

What mix did you use for the "silbergrau"?

May 22nd, 2012, 6:10 pm #4

How do YOU do your turnbuckles? They look sweet.

Great job as usual. I like those Roden kits too.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 22nd, 2012, 6:26 pm #5

Nicely done and very well painted. Nice rigging too.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

May 24th, 2012, 2:29 am #6

How do YOU do your turnbuckles? They look sweet.

Great job as usual. I like those Roden kits too.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA
Dan, they are just Elmers white glue applied after rigged. It takes a pretty big glob because it shrinks when drying. then just overpainted with testors brass enamel.