Painting over a Future finish question

Painting over a Future finish question

July 11th, 2012, 4:53 am #1

Hi everyone.

Is it okay to paint on a cured Future finish?

I have a more detailed background on this question with the WIP B314 post in the Workbench theme picks, but basically that's the salient question. Thank you for your help.

Alan

July 11th, 2012, 5:40 am #2

I will usually do it each build to cover any little dings or mistakes I find while decaling. After I apply the next gloss coat it blends all in nicely, and when it is flatted out you can not even tell. Flat coats really bring it all together.

Brandon

July 11th, 2012, 6:15 am #3

Hi everyone.

I have a more detailed background on this question with the WIP B314 post in the Workbench theme picks, but basically that's the salient question. Thank you for your help.

Alan
I've never had a problem, no matter what type of paint.

July 11th, 2012, 6:27 am #4

Hi everyone.

Alan
I have painted over a cured Future finish with no problems. I always give Future at least a full 24 hours to cure. After that it can have enamels or acrylics painted over it.

I'm a brush painter and it poses no issues for that form of painting. Just make sure the Future has cured before over-painting.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

July 11th, 2012, 10:00 am #5

Hi everyone.

Alan
That's what you do when you give the kit its final flat or whatever coat. n/t

July 11th, 2012, 10:00 am #6

Hi everyone.

Alan
Last edited by MalcolmMcKay on July 11th, 2012, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 11th, 2012, 4:27 pm #7

Hi everyone.

Alan
That's what we do, when we use Future as a sealer coat for weathering, or as noted above, when we apply a matte coat.

I use oils and oil washes or acrylics and acrylic washes over cured Future, no problems.

I do do as David noted--I let the Future coat cure for at least 24 hours, and maybe longer, depending on humidity.

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.