P-40 finished - a quickie from the new Airfix kit.

P-40 finished - a quickie from the new Airfix kit.

June 26th, 2012, 12:18 am #1

This was one of those models that screamed 'build me!' when I opened the box a few weeks ago - so I did. Not wanting a Flying Tiger I decided to model one of the early RAF ones and cobbled together some decals from the spares heap - I know the codes are 30" and not 24" but they were all I could find (have since discovered that some Pommy company has just released a sheet for this particular aeroplane - wouldn't that rot your cotton socks?).
This is one sweet kit - no filler and only a little fettling where the front of the wings meet the fuselage. Brush painted with Agama dark green , Humbrol 29 on top and Airfix M8 underneath. Just a clean finish, and the canopy is a treat, thin and crystal clear. I loved this build and will try to get a couple more, hoe you like it too.

Now back to the Halibags and hopefully some work on the Firefly.

June 26th, 2012, 12:24 am #2

A nice clean, quick build, perfect.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

June 26th, 2012, 2:35 am #3

This was one of those models that screamed 'build me!' when I opened the box a few weeks ago - so I did. Not wanting a Flying Tiger I decided to model one of the early RAF ones and cobbled together some decals from the spares heap - I know the codes are 30" and not 24" but they were all I could find (have since discovered that some Pommy company has just released a sheet for this particular aeroplane - wouldn't that rot your cotton socks?).
This is one sweet kit - no filler and only a little fettling where the front of the wings meet the fuselage. Brush painted with Agama dark green , Humbrol 29 on top and Airfix M8 underneath. Just a clean finish, and the canopy is a treat, thin and crystal clear. I loved this build and will try to get a couple more, hoe you like it too.

Excellent brush job.

Cheers, Vic

June 26th, 2012, 2:59 am #4

from the fine folks at Airfix! Thanks for sharing.

Later,

Lee

June 26th, 2012, 12:50 pm #5

Nicely done, and I really enjoy seeing P-40s without teeth on them. The canopy looks wonderfully clear--nice view into the cockpit!

Stuart

June 26th, 2012, 4:34 pm #6

That kit builds so nicely and right out of the box you get a nice model.

Well done!

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

June 26th, 2012, 6:51 pm #7

Very pretty- great work painting that canopy too!

June 27th, 2012, 6:50 am #8

copious quantities of Solvaset - another product I ma having trouble locating down here in Oz! Any suggestions?

June 27th, 2012, 10:32 pm #9

the kit in a scheme other than AVG or Desert Air Force

Cheers

Fred