OUTSTANDING Blackburn, Mr. Mitchell!!

OUTSTANDING Blackburn, Mr. Mitchell!!

March 22nd, 2012, 10:05 pm #1

I salute you, sir, for having the gumption to take on such a beast and do such a truely marvelous job. Well done!

March 22nd, 2012, 11:06 pm #2

It currently resides in a display case at AAA Hobbies here in Marietta and it is absolutely amazing up close.

Dr. Mitchell never ceases to amaze and it is an honor and privilege to live here in the Atlanta area so I can see his work in person!

Dave

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt

March 22nd, 2012, 11:36 pm #3

I salute you, sir, for having the gumption to take on such a beast and do such a truely marvelous job. Well done!
He has done some magnificent stuff over the years, always great to see him listed here, I click right away....

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

March 22nd, 2012, 11:39 pm #4

It looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. As usual, Doc has done another masterful work on a very obscure subject. I can't wait to see what he does next!!

Look, when a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For example, when someone points a Quad Vectored Hypo Thermic Cosmo Blaster at you, it's a fair bet you are about to become toast. And in your case, a whole loaf of toast!

March 23rd, 2012, 1:07 am #5

Such an ugly plane, though...

March 23rd, 2012, 1:07 am #6

Such an ugly plane, though...

March 23rd, 2012, 1:08 am #7

Perfect time for a double post!!! n/t

March 23rd, 2012, 1:40 am #8

If ugly can be made beautiful, Frank has done it.

Stuart

March 23rd, 2012, 1:50 am #9

It currently resides in a display case at AAA Hobbies here in Marietta and it is absolutely amazing up close.

Dr. Mitchell never ceases to amaze and it is an honor and privilege to live here in the Atlanta area so I can see his work in person!

Dave

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! - Eleanor Roosevelt
...I've seen some of his earlier work live and it is truly astounding.

Andy

March 23rd, 2012, 1:56 am #10

Dr. Frank outdoes hissef once again! JFB; you're fer sure a modeler's modeler! nt
Last edited by bondo455 on March 23rd, 2012, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.