Opinions please

Opinions please

January 10th, 2012, 3:28 pm #1

Gentlemen, I have a copy of Toliver and Constable's book "Fighter Aces" (1965)that I bought new in'65. The book itself is ok, not pristine. The dust jacket has many small rips and tears.
In the mid 1980's, I took the book to one of Virginia Bader's aviation art seminars held in Washinton, DC and obtained autographs from the following aces: Robert S. Johnson, Mr. Lopez (ex-AVG, I think), Col. Gabreski, Gen. Walter Krupinski, and Gen. Gunther Rall. These are on the inside front cover.
I'm willing to part with the book, but don't wish to give it away. Any ideas on how to find what it's worth (if anything)? Ebay is not an option.
I would appreciate any input/opinions from you guys. TIA, Zep

PS Also have the old Harleyford book with Gen. Galland's autopraph from a different seminar.

January 10th, 2012, 8:46 pm #2

Good luck. Seems like there would be a market for those items.

Regards,

Lee G.

January 10th, 2012, 8:49 pm #3

Gentlemen, I have a copy of Toliver and Constable's book "Fighter Aces" (1965)that I bought new in'65. The book itself is ok, not pristine. The dust jacket has many small rips and tears.
In the mid 1980's, I took the book to one of Virginia Bader's aviation art seminars held in Washinton, DC and obtained autographs from the following aces: Robert S. Johnson, Mr. Lopez (ex-AVG, I think), Col. Gabreski, Gen. Walter Krupinski, and Gen. Gunther Rall. These are on the inside front cover.
I'm willing to part with the book, but don't wish to give it away. Any ideas on how to find what it's worth (if anything)? Ebay is not an option.
I would appreciate any input/opinions from you guys. TIA, Zep

PS Also have the old Harleyford book with Gen. Galland's autopraph from a different seminar.
sound place to start, but, just jeep in mind, what he is willing to PAY for it is NOT what he will SELL it for......

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

January 10th, 2012, 10:00 pm #4

Good luck. Seems like there would be a market for those items.

Regards,

Lee G.
Thanks, Lee, I hadn't thought of the Crandalls. Ted

January 10th, 2012, 10:04 pm #5

sound place to start, but, just jeep in mind, what he is willing to PAY for it is NOT what he will SELL it for......

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"
Thanks, Jim, I'm aware of how that works! Will try to find one who's local.
Ted