Opinions on Shep Paines armor modeler guide?

Opinions on Shep Paines armor modeler guide?

October 11th, 2017, 7:49 pm #1

Is this just a reprint of his various works? anything worth buying it for that I wouldn't have already seen elsewhere?

October 11th, 2017, 9:06 pm #2

Its not just a reprint of old stuff from the 70s

October 11th, 2017, 9:18 pm #3

Is this just a reprint of his various works? anything worth buying it for that I wouldn't have already seen elsewhere?
the 1st half of the book is very familiar with a few new bits in there. the second half is all guest authors with 1 project ea. 7 in all and one from Shep and not new AFAIK. In there they share a few tips and their build process. One I really like was from John Rosengrant but that is my opinion... If you are an advanced modeler maybe it's not really for you but for nostalgia it's a definite. All in all It is a decent book for intermediate builders and collectors. I have it on loan from a buddy and will not buy it. Don't look at taht as an indictment it's more b/c I have WAY TOO MANY BOOKS ALREADY!
Viper730

October 12th, 2017, 3:16 am #4

I loved the John Rosengrant model, but the photos were too small (at least for my eyes!). It's not a bad book, but I'm glad to have Shep's original How to Build Dioramas and Modelling Tanks and Military Vehicles. They might be old, but they are classics and still chock-full of inspiration.

Cheers,

Scott