One of these months/years, I 'm going to attempt my first ship model in quite some time...

One of these months/years, I 'm going to attempt my first ship model in quite some time...

February 24th, 2012, 5:16 am #1

It's the USS Wasp and it measures like almost 3 ft. long as I recall. I don't have a case for it, but I'm thinkin' I better have one made (especially with two cats that are inquisitive explorers).

I think I can get one fabricated at a local glass shop here in town that do that sort of thing a lot cheaper than trying to find one already made that's big enough to accommodate the beast.

Then I gotta find someplace that it'll fit around here. I suppose I could get some shelving and put it on the wall.

Why am I telling you all this? I don't know really. Other than the fact that I'm bored, tired, tend to ramble and hardly ever post anything on this forum.

Anyone have any words of wisdom regarding my late night ravings?

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

February 24th, 2012, 6:00 am #2

You can order on ebay cut to specs, or hardware stores sell acrylic. just get the right thickness and have a solid wood base???

That's what I have planned for my USS Wasp.

February 24th, 2012, 2:19 pm #3

It's the USS Wasp and it measures like almost 3 ft. long as I recall. I don't have a case for it, but I'm thinkin' I better have one made (especially with two cats that are inquisitive explorers).

I think I can get one fabricated at a local glass shop here in town that do that sort of thing a lot cheaper than trying to find one already made that's big enough to accommodate the beast.

Then I gotta find someplace that it'll fit around here. I suppose I could get some shelving and put it on the wall.

Why am I telling you all this? I don't know really. Other than the fact that I'm bored, tired, tend to ramble and hardly ever post anything on this forum.

Grandpa's Cabinets makes some nice plexiglas & oak display cases. His work is pretty well thought of in the ship modeling community.

http://www.grandpascabinets.com/display-cases.html

Here's a link so you can begin to compare prices & services. You're looking at 200 bucks for a 38x6x10 case
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

February 24th, 2012, 4:21 pm #4

I thought I'd see what they could fabricate for me, but thanks.

February 25th, 2012, 6:45 am #5

Good Luck!

Tomt.
Last edited by txt808 on February 25th, 2012, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 26th, 2012, 4:20 am #6

Will help with late night ramblings. As for the Wasp..that's a hell of a first ship model! Best of luck!!!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"