OK- some ideas for GBs - after your comments chaps...

OK- some ideas for GBs - after your comments chaps...

December 12th, 2016, 4:45 am #1

Seems the Holy Grail of Heller kits has some fans so I think I will tackle the Couzinet Arc-en-Ciel ('Rainbow' in English).
Here is the box - lovely dramatic shot of one battling its way across the Atlantic to Brazil

and the contents

most of which are parts for the stand and the most massive sprue runner I have ever seen - thicker than an Exacto handle! I reckon I could stretch enough sprue from one of these to reach half-way to the moon!
And what's not to love about an aircraft that looks like a dolphin with wings?

The bad news now - here is the seven page article by Alain Bourret based on data collected by Claude Faix, on what needs to be done to make an accurate model . .

Basically it is a case of 'jack up fuselage and wings, rebuild fuselage and wings , lower back onto undercart' . Should be FUN! Only issue is that the kit is 1/75th scale , so should it be allowed on this forum? ha ha..

Other votes came in for the Woodcock - an unfortunately-named but very purposeful-looking beast that served with only two squadrons.

and to answer someone's question - THIS is a Pteradactyl ! the Westland-Hill Pteradactyl MkIV to be precise. Quite a large aircraft, a two-seat tandem fighter.

parts have been separated from the backing sheet

What do you think??

December 12th, 2016, 5:33 am #2

Westland, Woodcock and Rainbow in that order...1/75th? Close enough for me!

Dan

December 12th, 2016, 6:25 am #3

Seems the Holy Grail of Heller kits has some fans so I think I will tackle the Couzinet Arc-en-Ciel ('Rainbow' in English).
Here is the box - lovely dramatic shot of one battling its way across the Atlantic to Brazil

and the contents

most of which are parts for the stand and the most massive sprue runner I have ever seen - thicker than an Exacto handle! I reckon I could stretch enough sprue from one of these to reach half-way to the moon!

The bad news now - here is the seven page article by Alain Bourret based on data collected by Claude Faix, on what needs to be done to make an accurate model . .

Basically it is a case of 'jack up fuselage and wings, rebuild fuselage and wings , lower back onto undercart' . Should be FUN! Only issue is that the kit is 1/75th scale , so should it be allowed on this forum? ha ha..

Other votes came in for the Woodcock - an unfortunately-named but very purposeful-looking beast that served with only two squadrons.

and to answer someone's question - THIS is a Pteradactyl ! the Westland-Hill Pteradactyl MkIV to be precise. Quite a large aircraft, a two-seat tandem fighter.

What do you think??
Woodcock for GAGB and Arc En Ciel for HGB/GAGB, and I may join you with the latter.
Cheers,
Mark

December 12th, 2016, 3:04 pm #4

and the contents

What do you think??
Three intriguing choices there, can't wait to see them built!

As far as I'm concerned, 1/75th is just Metric for The One True Scale.

December 12th, 2016, 11:24 pm #5

Woodcock for GAGB and Arc En Ciel for HGB/GAGB, and I may join you with the latter.
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories / Plastic Gatherings

1/72 - Choroszy Modelbud - LWS 4 Zubr : Part I - Part II - Part III (incl. Scale World 2016 show report)
1/72 - Matchbox - Alpha Jet : Part I - Part II (incl. PilsenKIT 2016 show report) - Part III /End
1/72 - Matchbox - Gloster Gladiator : Part I (incl Eday 2016 show report) - Part II (incl Belgian Nationals 2016 show report)
1/72 - Matchbox - F4U-4 Corsair : Prelude - Part I - Part II (incl Euro Scale Modelling 2016 show report)
1/72 - Azur - Vultee V-11 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V /End
1/144 - Trumpeter - F-16A/C Fighting Falcon Block 15/30/32 : Part I
1/144 - OzMods - F-86D Sabre : Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God
Last edited by William De Coster on December 13th, 2016, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 13th, 2016, 2:44 am #6

and the contents

What do you think??
I mean really? How many people have one of these completed on the shelf?