OK, I will try my fellow Airfixers...does anyone have a Meteor Mk3 seat photo?

OK, I will try my fellow Airfixers...does anyone have a Meteor Mk3 seat photo?

April 15th, 2012, 11:23 pm #1

Incredibly, the plead for a Mark 3 seat info on Plane Talking came up for naught.

I googled it, came up with photo of LATER mark seats, but nothing on the Mk3s.

I have a F8 version photo which MIGHT be the same as the F3 version but I don't know.

We have 5 or 6 Airfixer building Meteors for the Airfix Meteor One Kit Mini Group Build Hidden Within The Airfix Multi-Engine Group Build (We have GOT to come up with a better name for this one!) and we could all use that photo.

Help us!

Greg in OK

April 15th, 2012, 11:41 pm #2

I seem to recall drawings (sketches) in the old small hardcover Airfix book "Building Jets" (was that the title?) The article was a build of a Meteor in the white scheme. I have the book and will check tomorrow morning when I get home from work.

I was clean,shaved and sober and I didnt care who knew it.

April 16th, 2012, 12:17 am #3

Incredibly, the plead for a Mark 3 seat info on Plane Talking came up for naught.

I have a F8 version photo which MIGHT be the same as the F3 version but I don't know.

We have 5 or 6 Airfixer building Meteors for the Airfix Meteor One Kit Mini Group Build Hidden Within The Airfix Multi-Engine Group Build (We have GOT to come up with a better name for this one!) and we could all use that photo.

Help us!

Greg in OK

Having looked around, it looks like the F3 had a ww2 style bucket seat, I will try to rummage through mags etc and see what I can find.

April 16th, 2012, 1:58 pm #4

Help us!

Greg in OK

looks very similar to a standard RAF WW2 single-seater bucket seat. You could get away with one in 1/72, for sure.

Cheers,

Chris.