Off the net lately...

Off the net lately...

February 1st, 2012, 3:50 pm #1

I normally don't talk about personal stuff here at Hyperscale, but I thought this may bare mentioning, as I know there are probably lots of us 'older' guys out there with similar issues...

I had to go to the doctor Tuesday. I've got a hyinal (Spelling?) hernia, and acid reflux. Had them for years, and it's gotten worse since I retired from active duty, but it's finally got to the point where I don't want to keep taking Prilosec, and dealing with the pain and so on...
So, I got scoped, (Top end) and also had a small radio transmitter placed in my stomach to measure Ph, and acid. I have to where the receiver on my belt, and have to go in Thursday to have the receiver read. The transmitter is supposed to just get flushed when it passes on through...

Later after consulting with the doctor, we'll talk about the next course of action to repair the hernia, and stop the reflux... Probably surgical.

Talk about a sore throat!

Well, off to work on my Matchbox AD-1 Frankenraider!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

February 1st, 2012, 5:33 pm #2

n/t

February 1st, 2012, 6:10 pm #3

I normally don't talk about personal stuff here at Hyperscale, but I thought this may bare mentioning, as I know there are probably lots of us 'older' guys out there with similar issues...

I had to go to the doctor Tuesday. I've got a hyinal (Spelling?) hernia, and acid reflux. Had them for years, and it's gotten worse since I retired from active duty, but it's finally got to the point where I don't want to keep taking Prilosec, and dealing with the pain and so on...
So, I got scoped, (Top end) and also had a small radio transmitter placed in my stomach to measure Ph, and acid. I have to where the receiver on my belt, and have to go in Thursday to have the receiver read. The transmitter is supposed to just get flushed when it passes on through...

Later after consulting with the doctor, we'll talk about the next course of action to repair the hernia, and stop the reflux... Probably surgical.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Hope the docs can fix that.

February 1st, 2012, 6:26 pm #4

Semper Fi, Don
Take care of yourself, and get well soon.
Gary

Harry S. Truman - Everybody has the right to express what he thinks. That, of course, lets the crackpots in. But if you cannot tell a crackpot when you see one, then you ought to be taken in.

February 1st, 2012, 8:29 pm #5

Semper Fi, Don
But someone on here probably knows for sure. It isn't uncommon. My Mother ended up with one after surgery. I understand that those breathing tubes they push down your throat when you are under anesthetic can lead to the problem if the person inserting it isn't careful.

Bill Shuey

February 1st, 2012, 10:58 pm #6

is dealing with issues from a breathing tube not properly inserted.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

February 1st, 2012, 11:54 pm #7

Semper Fi, Don
nt

February 2nd, 2012, 3:09 am #8

Semper Fi, Don
Oh the things we go through to have a little modeling time.

Get er done buddy. Keep us posted.

Steve