Now that the Roden C-124A kit is in the US, anybody know if a "C" conversion set is....

Now that the Roden C-124A kit is in the US, anybody know if a "C" conversion set is....

July 18th, 2012, 12:02 am #1

in the works? Will Roden plan to release a "C" model? Besides the radar nose & wingtip combustion heaters, is that the only external differencies? If so, then somebody could release a resin set & updated decals for a "C" model. I need to dig up the pictures my dad gave me of his days in the Air Force when he was a crew member on one.

Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA

July 18th, 2012, 12:19 am #2

were built as "A" models and were upgraded to "C" standard. I remeber this from my ride in one. The Master Sgt of the unit told me that. He said that part of the upgrade were the radar and the upgraded APU's. They were APU units not heaters. The old APU were mounted in the aft fuselauge IIRC and were the old style Putt putt units. Both types supplied electrical power and Hydralic pressure.

July 18th, 2012, 12:21 am #3

in the works? Will Roden plan to release a "C" model? Besides the radar nose & wingtip combustion heaters, is that the only external differencies? If so, then somebody could release a resin set & updated decals for a "C" model. I need to dig up the pictures my dad gave me of his days in the Air Force when he was a crew member on one.

Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA
I would guess they would do a C themselves. Do people even offer a lot of 1/144 conversions? I just remember that Golden Dragon crap.

July 18th, 2012, 12:22 am #4

Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA
The outer flap hinge mounts are flashed over, there's a radome on the sprues that's been removed (by hand) from the sprues in the A boxing, and the wingtip heaters are present. All they need to do is not remove the radome and put different decals in it.

What we need is a set of C-124 cowlings for it. The kit has C-74 cowlings.

July 18th, 2012, 1:16 am #5

were built as "A" models and were upgraded to "C" standard. I remeber this from my ride in one. The Master Sgt of the unit told me that. He said that part of the upgrade were the radar and the upgraded APU's. They were APU units not heaters. The old APU were mounted in the aft fuselauge IIRC and were the old style Putt putt units. Both types supplied electrical power and Hydralic pressure.

July 18th, 2012, 3:04 am #6

Steve Sliger
Greenwell Springs, LA
Philip & Maximilian
Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

July 18th, 2012, 3:07 am #7

I wish it was at least 1/72nd!

July 18th, 2012, 3:52 am #8

Philip & Maximilian
Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

July 18th, 2012, 4:10 am #9

IIRC, it's 1/144 which makes sense for something that big. I'm sure typing 'Roden C-124' into a search engine will get a more definite answer.

July 18th, 2012, 9:38 am #10

in the left side of the fuselage. Older models with putt-putt ground power had, again IIRC, the units out in the aft part of the heater pods. Cut this curmudgeon crew dog some slack, it's only been forty-two years since I left for the world of TAC fastmovers! I'll go out in the 100 degree garage and check the Shakey Dash 1.

Phil