Not Airfix but a good warm-up.................

Not Airfix but a good warm-up.................

March 2nd, 2012, 2:03 am #1

When I delivered my Helldivers to the Museum this last weekend....

I thought my building was over and I could resume the B-25 and my Airfix "Sole Survivor".

Wrong....

As this Academy Avenger arrived at the museum it was unusable. Everything painted only in one color, all over bright blue with no markings and a broken canopy.
Back to Connecticut Monday night, out comes airbrush and paints, rooted through the decal stash for stars and bars, numbers from press-type and a spinning propeller. The pilot was left as is.

A correct Academy canopy is waiting for me Saturday morning, this is the stunt-double canopy from Airfix for the shoot.

This will be delivered this weekend and more work done on the carrier model itself. Maybe NOW I can resume my APTGB builds...

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish
Last edited by Allan31 on March 2nd, 2012, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2012, 2:52 am #2

can you post shots of the museum display?

Stuart

March 2nd, 2012, 4:57 am #3

I thought my building was over and I could resume the B-25 and my Airfix "Sole Survivor".

Wrong....

As this Academy Avenger arrived at the museum it was unusable. Everything painted only in one color, all over bright blue with no markings and a broken canopy.
Back to Connecticut Monday night, out comes airbrush and paints, rooted through the decal stash for stars and bars, numbers from press-type and a spinning propeller. The pilot was left as is.

A correct Academy canopy is waiting for me Saturday morning, this is the stunt-double canopy from Airfix for the shoot.

This will be delivered this weekend and more work done on the carrier model itself. Maybe NOW I can resume my APTGB builds...

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

I believe the Academy Avenger is the Frog kit, certainly has the Frog, wrapped up in their snuggle bags aircrew.

Great work Allan, must be a mighty display.

Cheers
Jim

March 2nd, 2012, 12:18 pm #4

Wrong....

Thanks,
Allan

a

March 2nd, 2012, 2:54 pm #5

Wrong....

Thanks,
Allan

Good work on refinishing the kit. The Helldivers are very nice.

March 2nd, 2012, 9:48 pm #6

Wrong....

Thanks,
Allan

Great save.....nt

March 4th, 2012, 1:17 pm #7

Wrong....

Thanks,
Allan

Bring us pictures of the event

And I hope to see more of the Mitchell soon - and not an 1/72 aircraft carrier that "was unusable - everything painted only in one color - all over bright blue with no markings and a broken tower"....

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II
1/72 - Airfix - Hellcat : Part I
Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God