Nose interior details for P-38 Droop Snoot?

Nose interior details for P-38 Droop Snoot?

March 25th, 2012, 6:25 pm #1

I am wanting to build the Monogram P-38 as a Droop Snoot pathfinder aircraft, and want to add at least a little bit of detail to be visible through the clear nose. I can't find much reference material on what's inside. I assume some kind of crew seat and bombsight? Can someone help? Thanks!

March 25th, 2012, 6:52 pm #2

Quite a few people have looked over the years for anything that would show the interior of the nose compartment on the droop snoot p-38s, including myself. I don't think anyone has found anything substantive yet that I've seen. You almost just have to build up a nice Norden to stick in the front and hope nobody will look past it. Best of luck.

Cameron

March 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

I am wanting to build the Monogram P-38 as a Droop Snoot pathfinder aircraft, and want to add at least a little bit of detail to be visible through the clear nose. I can't find much reference material on what's inside. I assume some kind of crew seat and bombsight? Can someone help? Thanks!
As Cameron stated, this kind of information is very rare:

Charles Metz

-----------

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been.

March 25th, 2012, 11:03 pm #4

with a pad on it - no back. I'm not on my computer right now, but I think I have another pic. When I get home I'll check and maybe you can add one more to your archives.

March 25th, 2012, 11:22 pm #5

n/t

Charles Metz

-----------

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been.

March 26th, 2012, 12:32 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 26th, 2012, 12:39 am #7

I don't know how accurate it is but you might want to have a look, Hannants still carries it.

Cheers,
Keith

March 26th, 2012, 1:12 am #8

Using nose bits made for a Mosquito IV and then dig up a Norden bomb sight from somewhere.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"In this modern world of ours that spins as fast as these propellers do, if a man can cook, or fly, or play the guitar, he will be happy and never go hungry." "Where's Joe Merchant" Jimmy Buffet ©1992
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

March 26th, 2012, 1:42 am #9

Decent image of the Norden sight, you can poach the sight from the B-17, B-24 and B-25.
Last edited by kgabriel01 on March 26th, 2012, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2012, 1:46 am #10

[/IMG]