Could you forward me the Memo

December 6th, 2017, 1:43 pm #11

As frequently reported here on this forum, Future has changed names several times since it originally appeared. I believe the current name is "Pledge Floor Care Multi-Surface Finish." It's the same stuff.

Search this forum for "Future" to learn more.
I missed it too, can I get a copy?
Andrew White

First thing that popped into my head too...

December 6th, 2017, 1:45 pm #12

Andrew White

Better than Future

December 6th, 2017, 3:21 pm #13

My supply of the original Future floor polish is almost gone. Interested to hear what the community has been using to dip canopies as a replacement.

Cheers
Jamie
Alclad's Aqua Gloss clear is similar and I think better. Look herehttps://store.spruebrothers.com/searchr ... ss&Submit=
Anybody that carries Alclad should have this.

Jim Johnson

Future---Same

December 6th, 2017, 3:29 pm #14

As frequently reported here on this forum, Future has changed names several times since it originally appeared. I believe the current name is "Pledge Floor Care Multi-Surface Finish." It's the same stuff.

Search this forum for "Future" to learn more.
Like Mike says............"It's the same stuff."

I started using it in 1986 and was still using it in 2016 when I quit model building due to severe shaky hands.

RJW
`````````````````

ResinPrince
ResinPrince

Don't forget your TPS reports!

December 6th, 2017, 4:29 pm #15

Don't forget your TPS reports!

Caveat on Alclad Aqua Gloss

December 6th, 2017, 6:13 pm #16

Alclad's Aqua Gloss clear is similar and I think better. Look herehttps://store.spruebrothers.com/searchr ... ss&Submit=
Anybody that carries Alclad should have this.

Jim Johnson
I have used Alclad Aqua Gloss, and it is OK if you use one coat. The troouble comes when a second coat of Aqua Gloss is applied; a second coat apparently interacts with the first coat, leaving an uneven, lumpy finish. So, I will use Alclad Aqua Gloss if only a single coat is needed. Others may have a different experience, but this has been my observation of the product.

"Memo" was a reference to the many "What is Future called now?" posts.

December 6th, 2017, 7:33 pm #17

It is obvious that many Hyperscalers did not "get the memo," i.e., read those posts, as this question comes up again and again. A search on this forum for "Future" will show you what I mean.
Last edited by Sky King on December 6th, 2017, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

I've not had this problem with Aqua Gloss

December 7th, 2017, 4:23 pm #18

I have used Alclad Aqua Gloss, and it is OK if you use one coat. The troouble comes when a second coat of Aqua Gloss is applied; a second coat apparently interacts with the first coat, leaving an uneven, lumpy finish. So, I will use Alclad Aqua Gloss if only a single coat is needed. Others may have a different experience, but this has been my observation of the product.
I've done multiple coats on multiple kits without issues.