NO customer service from CMK, NONE

NO customer service from CMK, NONE

March 7th, 2012, 7:44 am #1

On the 'Whats New' page I clicked on the 1/48 He-177 advertisement and ordered the "Hi-Tech" kit for a LOT of $$$. When it arrived, there were NO decals, NO Photo-etch, and NO masks in the box anywhere!! The box clearly says those things are supposed to be included.

I have tried emailing them several times at ALL the listed addresses on their website. They have NOT replied to a single one! They have NOT acknowledged me in any form! It's been more than 7 days since this ordeal began. Its a very poor way to conduct business! DO NOT do business with them!

Brett-you might want to think about pulling their advertisement given these circumstances! Does anyone know a better way to get a hold of those shady people?! All I want is for them to send me the PE, Masks, and Decals that should have been there in the 1st place!

Do NOT do business with those people or CMK! They will NOT support you and will treat you underhanded!!

-Joshua Van Dyke

Nearly 75,000 Americans still remain missing, unrecovered or unidentified from World War II.

March 7th, 2012, 4:00 pm #2

A week? You need to be a little patient before you start firing the big guns my friend. People do have lives outside of cottage industries sometimes, and there are any number of things that could cause a delay of a week.

Have you tried writing them a letter on paper and mailing it?

Just relax a little and give them a chance. I'm sure you haven't got the model completely built, just waiting for the stuff that's missing, right?

March 7th, 2012, 4:36 pm #3

I don't care if takes them 2 months to send the missing stuff, just at least communicate that with me. Even in a cottage industry, such an email would take 30 seconds to write and send.

cheers,
Joshua

Nearly 75,000 Americans still remain missing, unrecovered or unidentified from World War II.

March 7th, 2012, 5:13 pm #4

What if they simply haven't seen the email yet? What if the guy's mother just died? What if he's traveling in Africa? I'm just saying you need to chill down a little and be patient. Instant gratification isn't always possible.

March 7th, 2012, 7:11 pm #5

On the 'Whats New' page I clicked on the 1/48 He-177 advertisement and ordered the "Hi-Tech" kit for a LOT of $$$. When it arrived, there were NO decals, NO Photo-etch, and NO masks in the box anywhere!! The box clearly says those things are supposed to be included.

I have tried emailing them several times at ALL the listed addresses on their website. They have NOT replied to a single one! They have NOT acknowledged me in any form! It's been more than 7 days since this ordeal began. Its a very poor way to conduct business! DO NOT do business with them!

Brett-you might want to think about pulling their advertisement given these circumstances! Does anyone know a better way to get a hold of those shady people?! All I want is for them to send me the PE, Masks, and Decals that should have been there in the 1st place!

Do NOT do business with those people or CMK! They will NOT support you and will treat you underhanded!!

-Joshua Van Dyke

But I'd give it a little more time than a week - I've had it take 3 and 4 days for very well-known US hobby retailers to get back to me, so you need to give a cottage industry guy a little more rope. Of course, if it gets to be a couple or 3 weeks, then I'd be truly angry.

March 7th, 2012, 7:49 pm #6

-Joshua Van Dyke

I have bought two Eduard kits over the last few years that were missing things - A Mirage kit without decal placement instructions and a Sopwith Camel that was missing the wings sprue.

Both times I emailed Eduard and got no response. Zero. Zip. Nada.

A few weeks later though, I got my replacement parts and instructions in the mail.

Actually, I emailed Eduard a second time about the Camel parts after I didnt get an answer from my first email. And guess what? I got two packages in the mail. So now I have too many wings.

So don't get so worked up. The Czech Republic is probably listening.

Murphy

March 7th, 2012, 7:52 pm #7

What if they simply haven't seen the email yet? What if the guy's mother just died? What if he's traveling in Africa? I'm just saying you need to chill down a little and be patient. Instant gratification isn't always possible.
from what Joshua has given us, ordering this kit went smoothly. He mentioned no issues there. As for the "whiffer", what if they simply don't have the spares to make this right, and are hoping he goes away?

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

March 8th, 2012, 2:27 am #8

-Joshua Van Dyke

Not sure why you had to post the same here?

March 8th, 2012, 10:25 pm #9

from what Joshua has given us, ordering this kit went smoothly. He mentioned no issues there. As for the "whiffer", what if they simply don't have the spares to make this right, and are hoping he goes away?

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"
In any event, a week is far too short a time to go off half-cocked demanding Brett pull their ads, etc, etc. If you've never been in the mail order retail trade (as I have), then you have no idea what it can be like. A week may not be optimal, but it's not unheard of at all.

Regardless of any of that, demanding this or that, and trashing a retailer in this forum is inappropriate. There are other ways to handle it.
Last edited by MichiganPete on March 8th, 2012, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2012, 6:33 pm #10

-Joshua Van Dyke

your frustration, but think your fuse is a bit short on this one..

As mentioned, the cottage industries we appreciate and rely on for their ability and willingness to produce the small market items we want cannot be as efficient as a Tower or Squadron (although I have a couple of stories about Squadron...)

I don't see any show stoppers in the missing items, so suggest you start the build and give 'em a break...

After decades of study, it has become obvious that Murphy was an optimist...
Last edited by jimmbbo on March 11th, 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.