Night nite FIFI

Night nite FIFI

July 23rd, 2012, 1:11 am #1

FIFI and Aluminum Overcast are staging out of Appleton (KATW) as their base to provide rides for those attending AirVenture in Oshkosh. They fly down over Oshkosh circle the airfield and return back to Appleton.

Note the four big oil spots where it was parked previously to embarking on the last sortie of the day.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:33 am #2

July 23rd, 2012, 2:07 am #3

FIFI and Aluminum Overcast are staging out of Appleton (KATW) as their base to provide rides for those attending AirVenture in Oshkosh. They fly down over Oshkosh circle the airfield and return back to Appleton.

Note the four big oil spots where it was parked previously to embarking on the last sortie of the day.
If a radial is not leaking oil something is very wrong. nt

July 23rd, 2012, 2:57 am #4

..... they are simply marking their territory.

-Kevin in Indy

July 23rd, 2012, 3:10 am #5

c

July 23rd, 2012, 4:20 am #6

..... they are simply marking their territory.

-Kevin in Indy
you better add some oil because it's empty!

Jeff Adair
Adairsville Ga

July 23rd, 2012, 4:51 am #7

Makes a great paper weight or display stand for 1/72 scale models. I'd like to use it at an IPMS show but I fear someone might swipe it. Same goes for my Merlin piston.

I believe in god and the only thing that scares me,,,,,,is Keyser Soze.

July 23rd, 2012, 12:14 pm #8

in the Navy T-28 Dash 1(Flight Manual that "Oil consumption of 5 gallons an hour or less is not to be considered to be excessive"

July 23rd, 2012, 12:58 pm #9

It's an amusing name for a great warrior like the B-29. FIFI here in Province of Quebec is a word used to design an homosexual man or a gay.

Serge Dompierre
Last edited by Serge Dompierre on July 23rd, 2012, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

July 23rd, 2012, 2:47 pm #10

I know "Fifi" is named for Mr. Agather's wife and is the reason the "A" is on the tail but I think the CAF should repaint it to represent an actual WWII B-29. Along with the rest of their fleet of aircraft, they ought to try and preserve them as they appeared in WWII (that includes downsizing the CAF logo on all their aircraft of late.)

They could even do so on a rotating basis, every four or five years change it up. I know, maintenance costs are already enough so than to worry about asthetics...

It'd be nice to it done up as "Joltin' Josie" or "Dauntless Dotty"...just sayin'

[/IMG]
Andrew White