Nifty Fifty#3 Bondo, here are some for you!

Nifty Fifty#3 Bondo, here are some for you!

April 8th, 2012, 12:38 pm #1

Phil's Almamater

The Corvair club always has a good number of their cars there. I think there were 6 or 7 last night.

A pretty rare site!

When Vettes were cool cars!

Too much motor?? This is a Metroolitan I believe.

April 8th, 2012, 2:03 pm #2

A 1957 Nash Metropolitan with a blown Big Block (Assuming Chevy by the Rocker Covers).

Pretty rare sight to see a '65 Lemans that hasn't been butchered into a fake GTO (Sorry I have no use for "tribute cars")

Love the School bus.

Cheers
Mike

"You cannot believe every quote you read on the internet". - Abraham Lincoln

April 8th, 2012, 2:11 pm #3

Phil's Almamater

The Corvair club always has a good number of their cars there. I think there were 6 or 7 last night.

A pretty rare site!

That's the one giving me goose bumps.

I'm guessing it's a 1954.

That body was only used in the first three years: '53, '54', '55.

It's hard to tell with the chrome customizing on top of the engine but it looks like the straight 6. Virtually all the '55's had V8s. The '53 is so extremely rare that I suspect they would all have the original "Blue Flame" rocker covers.

Fantastic car.

April 8th, 2012, 3:05 pm #4

I know of an all original 53 here in Houston. Last time e I saw it, it had the original white paint with red interior still.

Mike

April 8th, 2012, 7:00 pm #5

That's the one giving me goose bumps.

I'm guessing it's a 1954.

That body was only used in the first three years: '53, '54', '55.

It's hard to tell with the chrome customizing on top of the engine but it looks like the straight 6. Virtually all the '55's had V8s. The '53 is so extremely rare that I suspect they would all have the original "Blue Flame" rocker covers.

Fantastic car.
my best friend in High School got one of those for his 16th birthday! (1960) Great memories of tooling around in that thing. BTW it was definitely a straight 6. The last car I knew him to own was a 1964 fuel-injected Corvette Stingray Coup...got to drive that one a few times. Musta been nice to be that spoiled. Oh yeh then I went into the USAF and lost all contact. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 8th, 2012, 10:24 pm #6

Phil's Almamater

A pretty rare site!

Corvairs.. Just look at that. Damn near everything that makes it run is right there on top for easy maintenance.....

Cheers,
Dave