Not working for me, even if I open in new tab. Says site cannot be reached nt

December 6th, 2017, 9:33 pm #11

Ok ladies and gentlemen, my new web site is active. It now has a Pay Pal linked shopping cart.

I am having a new site roll out sale of 20% off all items on the site

Enter code NEW20 when you check out Sale ends midnight Sunday 12/10/17

Mike

WWW.LONESTARMODELS.COM
/

Suggestion

December 6th, 2017, 9:34 pm #12

Ok ladies and gentlemen, my new web site is active. It now has a Pay Pal linked shopping cart.

Mike

WWW.LONESTARMODELS.COM
Mike, nice site. Here's one suggestion. Get the shopping cart to add in shipping cost, at least for domestic orders. As it is currently, you have text at the top of your store page specifying shipping/handling to add to order. But the shopping cart will take a customer all the way to payment without any mention of shipping. I suspect many customers will blow right past your shipping cost announcement, load their cart, and place orders that don't include any payment for shipping/handling. In fact, even for customers who do see the shipping/handling notice, I don't see any way to edit the amount calculated by the shopping cart to add a shipping/handling payment.

Forgot the "E" in Models and if you add http:// it becomes an active link. n/m

December 6th, 2017, 9:51 pm #13

Mike

WWW.LONESTARMODELS.COM
Information not shared is information lost.

Add the "E" in Modls n/m

December 6th, 2017, 9:54 pm #14

/
Information not shared is information lost.

Hey Mike I took your photo at our Convention in Hampton, VA

December 6th, 2017, 10:13 pm #15

Mike

WWW.LONESTARMODELS.COM

+1 my suggestion ...

December 6th, 2017, 10:32 pm #16

Mike,

The site looks very nice. However, as I browsed around, I noticed some items that I think need correction/improvement. I was going to send this as a private message, but decided to post it here instead- to save other volunteer proofreaders from the task of reporting items you already have had reports about.....

All of this is offered in the spirit of constructive feedback-- we all benefit if your site is a huge success, and leads to the production and sale of even more goodies.....

1. No scales are listed in the product titles, and some don't have the scale mentioned in the descriptions, either.
When I arrived at the site. I clicked on the "store" button. That loads the "all" view by default-- so I was presented with a screen full of image tiles for the various products. That view allows me to go straight to any product item I click on, and the info often isn't there, either. I discovered that there are filters, so I can limit my browsing to "1/48 scale kits" for example, but this is the only way I was able to figure out what scale the Sparrowhawk kit is. (After I had wrongly guessed 1/72 and then 1/32!)

2. Typo: "LSM CC44006 C/KC97 Tab=nker"

3. Shipping charges for orders of "$0 to $50" and $50 to $100" orders are listed, but nothing for over $100. (And which charge appies to a $50 order?)

4. On your main page welcome, the last sentence needs a period.

5. Contact Us page: Need a space after the period before the letter I:
....send me a message.I generally....

6. The Model Repair and Construction page needs a title and an introduction at the top of the page. Something like this:
Model Repair and Construction Services

I offer repair services for all types of models, and also offer completed models for sale. Scroll down to see some examples of my offerings and cababilities.

Interested in these services?

6. I didn't check the prices for everything-- but I saw someone else already reported a possible pricing error....

All of the above are based on my first 10 minutes or so of browsing the site-- and this feedback is meant to help you improve the site and the customer experience....

I'd be happy to elaborate on any of the above- feel free to contact. me directly.

-Bill

...would be to have the filters static
(in a sidebar for example) rather than
a popup. Popups are easily missed.

Looks nice tho Mike.

I just like airplanes

ResinPrince
ResinPrince

I asked this while building the site.

December 6th, 2017, 11:09 pm #17

Mike, nice site. Here's one suggestion. Get the shopping cart to add in shipping cost, at least for domestic orders. As it is currently, you have text at the top of your store page specifying shipping/handling to add to order. But the shopping cart will take a customer all the way to payment without any mention of shipping. I suspect many customers will blow right past your shipping cost announcement, load their cart, and place orders that don't include any payment for shipping/handling. In fact, even for customers who do see the shipping/handling notice, I don't see any way to edit the amount calculated by the shopping cart to add a shipping/handling payment.
it can not be done in their system, I know makes no sense!

I think I recognize..

December 6th, 2017, 11:26 pm #18

that scoundrel.. LOL Got to finally meet him in Columbus a year or so ago.

Cheers,
Dave

Okay, so how should a customer pay?

December 6th, 2017, 11:30 pm #19

it can not be done in their system, I know makes no sense!
If we go through the checkout process you're not going to collect any shipping/handling payment. Are you going to just eat those costs and fulfill the orders anyway? Or are you going to ask customers to PayPal you the extra $8-$10 in a separate transaction? That would be inconvenient for the customers and probably also for you since you would have to manually match up the orders and the separate shipping/handling payments. I'm not complaining or trying to be critical, just trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

Oh wow Duh...Thanks! nt

December 6th, 2017, 11:44 pm #20

/