Joined: 4:57 PM - Mar 09, 2012

6:54 AM - May 02, 2018 #61

You can change the order in which the posts are shown in your profile settings, back to the old order of newest post first. This will not bring back the threaded view, which seems to be a piece of the past on all current forum software.
Information not shared is information lost.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 4:57 PM - Mar 09, 2012

6:56 AM - May 02, 2018 #62

It would be nice if tapatalk refused to host ads that lead to browser hijack, accidental clicks already led to my having to close the browser via Alt F4 three times this morning.
Information not shared is information lost.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 10:24 PM - Dec 24, 2002

11:28 PM - May 02, 2018 #63

Now that we have Search working and most of the other major elements in place I can focus on this issue.

Bye for now,

Brett


Is there a way to search a specific subforum, instead of your search pulling up ALL the subforums where your search term has showed up?
I think this is especially important to be able to search just the Plane Trading forum, for a specific kit you are looking for.

Larry
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 12:00 AM - Jan 01, 1970

12:16 AM - May 03, 2018 #64

ReccePhreak wrote: Now that we have Search working and most of the other major elements in place I can focus on this issue.

Bye for now,

Brett


Is there a way to search a specific subforum, instead of your search pulling up ALL the subforums where your search term has showed up?
I think this is especially important to be able to search just the Plane Trading forum, for a specific kit you are looking for.

Larry
Hi Larry,

Yes indeed! Just click on the magnifying glass icon in the top blue bar. This will present a whole bunch of advanced search options, including selecting the forum or forums you wish to search in.

You may also search by Subject, Message text only, Topic titles only, or First post of topics only. You can filter by time and date too.

There are also other parameters. Search here is pretty good!

Bye for now,

Brett
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 12:03 AM - May 20, 2013

8:57 PM - May 03, 2018 #65

Yeah it would be nice to show the date of
the original post next to the posters name.
I just like airplanes
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 6:53 PM - Aug 27, 2004

5:23 AM - May 04, 2018 #66

Brett,

Is there a reason why the tag for the forums page is labeled Missing-Lynx?

Brad
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 12:00 AM - Jan 01, 1970

5:25 AM - May 04, 2018 #67

BradinBC wrote: Brett,

Is there a reason why the tag for the forums page is labeled Missing-Lynx?

Brad
Sorry Brad, where is this tag?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 6:53 PM - Aug 27, 2004

5:53 AM - May 04, 2018 #68

Where the www. is in your browser. The page that lists all the forums says it's "http://www.missing-lynx.com/forum.htm"

Brad
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 6:53 PM - Aug 27, 2004

6:28 AM - May 04, 2018 #69

hyperscale wrote:
BradinBC wrote: Brett, You have the same description listed for the Airfix Group Build page and the 1/72 scale page. They both read Forums for 1/72 scale models.

Brad
Thanks Brad. I'll fix that now.

Bye for now,

Brett
Hi Brett,

Did you fix this, or is my browser messed up?

Brad
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 10:24 PM - Dec 24, 2002

11:11 AM - May 04, 2018 #70

BradinBC wrote: Where the www. is in your browser. The page that lists all the forums says it's "http://www.missing-lynx.com/forum.htm"

Brad
I have gotten the same thing, since the changeover to Tapatalk.
It happens when you go to the Hyperscale main page, then click on Discussion Forums. The URL then says http://www.missing-lynx.com/forum.htm

Larry
Quote
Like
Share