new fast food offering

new fast food offering

February 28th, 2012, 10:45 pm #1

Taco Bell, in order to bolster sales after a weak 2011, is offering a new taco.

Instead of the usual corn tortilla, they are using a tortilla made of Doritos.

Yum!

February 28th, 2012, 10:49 pm #2

Now you know why Teens today are so fat. n/t

February 29th, 2012, 2:47 am #3

Taco Bell, in order to bolster sales after a weak 2011, is offering a new taco.

Instead of the usual corn tortilla, they are using a tortilla made of Doritos.

Yum!
Most processed food is too sweet, too salty (cut down the salt on chips about 80% already!,) too over-flavored w/ artificial flavorings, etc.

February 29th, 2012, 2:49 am #4

Now you know why Teens today are so fat. n/t
I blame the parents and the teens period, not the school dist or the junk food makers. nt.

February 29th, 2012, 4:42 am #5

Most processed food is too sweet, too salty (cut down the salt on chips about 80% already!,) too over-flavored w/ artificial flavorings, etc.
DREADFULLY sick... the worst stomach flu I ever had, and I had to ride across parts of three states to get home.

My wife was driving, a testament to how sick I was, because I LOVE to drive... I was leaned against the passenger's door with my head against the cold glass, begging for the heat to be off...

About 40 miles from home, my wife bought a bag of Doritos to eat while she drove... that smell hit me and for a looong time, I couldn't stand even the smell of Doritos. I still don't like them very much...

ugggh

February 29th, 2012, 5:06 am #6

works great!

Steve
Last edited by steven9 on February 29th, 2012, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 29th, 2012, 6:03 am #7

sore tongue, and stomach ache that go along w/ it. Then all the liqs one has to drink to balance out the salt overload! I like hot spicy 'real' food, but a lot of the junk foods taste awful to me. I've tried brushing off the orange stuff but I guess too much has already been absorbed into the chip from being produced three yrs prior. Just too much yuk for me.

Microwave popcorn too. Way too salty. I can take some of the low salt ones but then too there's that smell that takes 'all windows in the house open for 30 mins' to clear the odor!

And I'm no organic only, vegan, health nut. I do eat pretty well tho. Being in NorCal (hell all of Calif) helps what w/ all the great ingredients available everywhere, cheap, all yr round, but I also luv my steaks, bacon cheeseburgers, Phillys, donuts, etc too.

February 29th, 2012, 8:43 am #8

They are nasty chemicals, despite what the FDA allows. But we Americans 'spect our food to be colorful! It really is a shame that she has to be so very careful of the foods she eats and hopes the food labels are accurate. Doritos would probably kill her. At least now we know what her "problems" stemmed from, nothing internal, just a result of our food industry.

Regards,
Don

February 29th, 2012, 4:53 pm #9

I blame the parents and the teens period, not the school dist or the junk food makers. nt.
where there was this seriously overweight 14 year old kid who was about to mow down a huge elephant ear pastry when all of a sudden his 400lb mother grabs the pastry out of his hand and said "Don't eat that. Eat this piece of cake instead". My wife & I broke out in an all out hysterical laughter. This "piece of cake" was as large as the paper plate it sat on. It must have weighed a pound!!

Like Col. Hogan once said to Sgt. Shultz: "Man with big waistline don't catch pretty Frauline!!"

Regards,
Larry @ AUDI
Last edited by audiguy on February 29th, 2012, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 29th, 2012, 9:10 pm #10

With billions and billions of dollars and highly sophisticated chemistry and marketing research applied by the fast food & snack food industries, it should come as no surprise that very few parents are able to withstand the onslaught. These companies design the food and their marketing campaigns to make it as irresistible as they can, and they do this with great success. They know all about peer pressure, trendiness, the brain's reward centers, and everything else needed to make people want this food more than anything.

True, there are parents who do little or nothing to even try to make their kids eat right and I'm not suggesting that parents in general are blameless. A lot of parents are 2nd- or 3rd-generation fast food junkies themselves. But to put all the blame on them is to seriously underestimate the power that the industry wields.