NEW Chinese Stealth Fighter

NEW Chinese Stealth Fighter

July 19th, 2012, 11:59 am #1

July 19th, 2012, 2:51 pm #2

I would appear that the ChiComs are not standing still in their quest for a true Gen5 air superiority aircraft, if that's what the pix show. Of course, the pix could just be propaganda, and no such aircraft exists. Whatever the case, the ChiComs are in the ascendancy.

July 19th, 2012, 3:38 pm #3

It could very well be 2020 before it goes into production, and 2030 before it reaches operational strength. Not that I agree in any way with the decision to stop production of the Raptor....

July 20th, 2012, 2:09 am #4

I would appear that the ChiComs are not standing still in their quest for a true Gen5 air superiority aircraft, if that's what the pix show. Of course, the pix could just be propaganda, and no such aircraft exists. Whatever the case, the ChiComs are in the ascendancy.
the achievements of the F-22. Copying the F-22 and F-35's shape is one thing, but matching the level of systems integration and LO capability is a totally different ball game and a most difficult task; even for the copy-catters.

Damn, absolutely no originality!

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

July 20th, 2012, 10:43 am #5

In my opinion it looks much better than the original.

Saluti

Giampiero

July 20th, 2012, 3:02 pm #6

the achievements of the F-22. Copying the F-22 and F-35's shape is one thing, but matching the level of systems integration and LO capability is a totally different ball game and a most difficult task; even for the copy-catters.

Damn, absolutely no originality!

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."
... as shapes. Given the problems of Chinese metallurgy, I wondered if they can produce the metals required. The same about the coatings. What do the readership think?
Fernando

July 20th, 2012, 3:11 pm #7

At least that's the treatment this TAC-trained "killer" has received from some of our more "sensitive" HS bros when he dared to use the (apparently to some) un-PC term CHICOM..... Mebbe you should don your Nomex gear!

Phil
Last edited by bondo455 on July 20th, 2012, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 20th, 2012, 3:34 pm #8

never under estimate the Chinese.

You cannot compare Chinese work ethics with Western work ethics.

They do not have things like OSHA, NIOSH, Lawyers, and Unions that allow us westerners to have easier/safer workdays.

China was once the greatest and most powerful nation in the world and history tends to repeat itself.
We are talking about a nation that created one of the wonders of the world, the great wall.

I can easily see them getting 5th gen fighter production by NLT 2020 if not sooner.

Scotty B

July 20th, 2012, 9:37 pm #9

It has been in production for a while now. Whether it was the Chi-Coms or the Russians, it would seem that the arrest of the traitor in Hawaii was a day short & a $ late

My girl - well she's kind of an ugly girl. But,that's O.K. I like ugly girls. Because pretty girls can do anything, but ugly girls have to do everything.
-John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie

July 20th, 2012, 11:17 pm #10

In my opinion it looks much better than the original.

Saluti

Giampiero
No, the vertical tails are too narrow in chord, the nose profile is off, does
not have the characteristic beak, the canopy is way off, the wheels are too narrow. Oh, sorry that was the Korean version, wrong thread.