Need your guys opinion on this color scheme I want to do for the NX-01

Need your guys opinion on this color scheme I want to do for the NX-01

December 7th, 2017, 3:00 am #1

Hey guys, this is something totally different to me and need your guys opinion on a color scheme I want to do for my 1/350th scale NX-01 Enterprise Model that I am building for a Flory Models Sci-Fi group build. I am not going to be lighting this thing, nor am I going to be doing the Traditional Aztec painting. I want this NX-01 Model to have something different than what anybody else has ever done. I am going to be using mainly AK Metalizer paints with a few Model Master Metalizers as well. My question to you guys is do you like the way I have made this particular scheme in the artwork renduring through Photoshop with the Metalic Blue on the hull areas or do you think I should go ahead and do it in the Darker Titanium look that is shown on the bridge area to replace the Metalic blue. I figure I have alot of playing room with this since of coarse this is a fictional theme anyway. If you like the Metalic Blue, vote for Blue, and if you like the Dark Titanium, them vote Titanium, Thanks guys for your cooperation in this wacky experiment I am hatching.

Chris Causey

P.S. I have put notations in the Art work area showing what the colors would be I will use as well as where they will be going on the hull.

Last edited by cwc11 on December 7th, 2017, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 7th, 2017, 3:26 am #2

such as Airframe Aluminum and Chrome.
Frank

December 7th, 2017, 3:33 am #3

Hey guys, this is something totally different to me and need your guys opinion on a color scheme I want to do for my 1/350th scale NX-01 Enterprise Model that I am building for a Flory Models Sci-Fi group build. I am not going to be lighting this thing, nor am I going to be doing the Traditional Aztec painting. I want this NX-01 Model to have something different than what anybody else has ever done. I am going to be using mainly AK Metalizer paints with a few Model Master Metalizers as well. My question to you guys is do you like the way I have made this particular scheme in the artwork renduring through Photoshop with the Metalic Blue on the hull areas or do you think I should go ahead and do it in the Darker Titanium look that is shown on the bridge area to replace the Metalic blue. I figure I have alot of playing room with this since of coarse this is a fictional theme anyway. If you like the Metalic Blue, vote for Blue, and if you like the Dark Titanium, them vote Titanium, Thanks guys for your cooperation in this wacky experiment I am hatching.

Chris Causey

P.S. I have put notations in the Art work area showing what the colors would be I will use as well as where they will be going on the hull.

Looks FINE to me --- Great work in Photoshop too !!! Go for it !! nt

December 7th, 2017, 3:51 am #4

Frank about this, but I see he has already responded.

December 7th, 2017, 4:43 am #5

Chris Causey

Pep Boys 'downforce' boy racer rear wing. Rear view mirror fuzzy dice and a 'viva Mexico' bumper sticker too if you work well w/ tiny detailing.

Geez, gaudy. Did that scheme appear in a movie??? Or is it one of those comic book, vid game, online mini-series creations?

If I was after a 'make believe' (yeah yeah I know, it's ALL make believe) Space Fleet scheme, I think I'd go w/ an all Alclad job. 8-10 shades (get out the credit card!), w/ lite weathering/wear. Sinister, like some bad *** knight.

December 7th, 2017, 1:06 pm #6

…several shades of Alclad, just as you suggest.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!