Need the nose for 1/48 Revell/Monogram "F-18-C", part #11 from kit #85-4821

Need the nose for 1/48 Revell/Monogram "F-18-C", part #11 from kit #85-4821

July 11th, 2018, 5:54 am #1

I just got this old kit off of ebay, and the nose has a definite dermatological condition, Can't blame the seller, everything was still sealed in the original baggie, and until I opened it, the nose was hidden underneath the fuselage halves, so the seller probably didn't even know. Anyway, I really don't want to spend a ton of time rehabbing it if anything else is available. Here's what the part looks like it's part number 11 from kit number 85-4821.
Thanks for any help!
f-18cnose.jpg f-18cnose2.jpg f-18.jpg

July 12th, 2018, 12:18 am #2

I think I can help you out.  Pls contact me off board at benesuggs@gmail.com if you still need the part.

July 12th, 2018, 3:18 pm #3

suggsw wrote: I think I can help you out.  Pls contact me off board at benesuggs@gmail.com if you still need the part.
Hi there, yes, I do need the part, I emailed you at the link you provided last night. Thanks so much for the offer and get back to me when you have the chance.
Michael Smith

July 13th, 2018, 3:41 am #4

Hi,  MicaLee ~~  The piece looks usable to me as is.  It is just a bit blunt anyway, so you could just sand the front smooth and to a bit better taper.  

I also file the tip off flat and drill a small hole right in the center and slightly counter-sink the tip, then super-glue a straight pin with head to the front to simulate the stainless steel screw in the radome.  Gently file and sand the area to contours and paint it.  Rub the paint off the pin head.  George Campbell

July 13th, 2018, 4:58 am #5

blueangelmodeler wrote: Hi,  MicaLee ~~  The piece looks usable to me as is.  It is just a bit blunt anyway, so you could just sand the front smooth and to a bit better taper.  

I also file the tip off flat and drill a small hole right in the center and slightly counter-sink the tip, then super-glue a straight pin with head to the front to simulate the stainless steel screw in the radome.  Gently file and sand the area to contours and paint it.  Rub the paint off the pin head.  George Campbell
Thank you George, great idea with the pin, I'll do it!
Actually a Hyperscaler is sending me a spare nose, so everything's cool  😊

July 14th, 2018, 8:36 pm #6

Many thanks to Hyperscaler "suggsw" who has a nose cone winging it's way to me as we speak  ;-)