Need help identifying an aircraft

Need help identifying an aircraft

April 4th, 2012, 9:00 pm #1

As I was walking out to my car to get my lunch today, I noticed a plane coming in to land at the local airport. I only saw it from the side but I could tell it was a twin engine, twin tail aircraft, kinda resembling a B-24 or B-25 but not quite. It was painted all black. I'm sorry I cannot provide any more details but I only saw it for a couple seconds before it descended behind the trees. If anyone could provide any possibilities as to what it may be, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've also seen a flight of 3 Chinooks fly over the school before, two black with a gold stripe down the side and one desert tan. I love the location of my school

Cameron Forester
Aviation Maintenance student

I don't rant; I complain logically
-My mom

April 4th, 2012, 9:10 pm #2

yeah...kinda thin on the info, Cam....

on the plus side, this could get interesting!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

April 4th, 2012, 9:14 pm #3

As I was walking out to my car to get my lunch today, I noticed a plane coming in to land at the local airport. I only saw it from the side but I could tell it was a twin engine, twin tail aircraft, kinda resembling a B-24 or B-25 but not quite. It was painted all black. I'm sorry I cannot provide any more details but I only saw it for a couple seconds before it descended behind the trees. If anyone could provide any possibilities as to what it may be, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've also seen a flight of 3 Chinooks fly over the school before, two black with a gold stripe down the side and one desert tan. I love the location of my school

Cameron Forester

-My mom
These sound like Border Patrol craft. We have several that fly in Tucson. Most are Blackhawks though, never heard of BP Chinooks.

As for your mystery plane...kinda sketchy on details to make a guess.

April 4th, 2012, 9:15 pm #4

Cameron Forester

-My mom
there are some events we would like to discus with you.

Happy modeling,

Matthias

April 4th, 2012, 9:24 pm #5

Cameron Forester

-My mom
If it was a tail dragger, maybe it was a Beech D-18.

April 4th, 2012, 9:41 pm #6

Cameron Forester

-My mom
I've done a Google search for aircraft movements at a particular airport and somebody somewhere will have made a note of it.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 4th, 2012, 10:01 pm #7

Cameron Forester

-My mom
Flies a great routine at open houses and air shows.

April 4th, 2012, 10:06 pm #8

Cameron Forester

-My mom

April 4th, 2012, 10:15 pm #9

Cameron Forester

-My mom
Longshot- Maybe a V-22 Osprey?

April 4th, 2012, 10:44 pm #10

I've done a Google search for aircraft movements at a particular airport and somebody somewhere will have made a note of it.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/
I did find an email address for the airport (West Memphis Municipal Airport) but nothing on aircraft movements. Planefinder.net wasn't any help either. The only two planes that show up at the time are both Fed Ex planes across the river coming in to Memphis International Airport. I sent an email to the airport and maybe they can provide me with the identity of the aircraft.

Cameron Forester

-My mom