Nautical Idiot Needs Reference on WWII Dutch K XIV Submarine

Nautical Idiot Needs Reference on WWII Dutch K XIV Submarine

June 14th, 2012, 10:22 pm #1

Hello!!

I am an airplane modeler and know little to nothing about ships.

I was asked by the aviation artist, Robert Taylor to see if I might make an inquiry about Dutch WWII KXIV (K-14) Submarines. He has been commissioned by the family of a former K-XIV Captain to paint an image of an ocean scene involving the submarine. I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue regarding any reference material or if anyone had ever done a model of the K-XIV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Mark Copeland
Lakeville, Minnesota

June 15th, 2012, 2:45 am #2

n/t

June 15th, 2012, 5:33 am #3

Hello!!

I was asked by the aviation artist, Robert Taylor to see if I might make an inquiry about Dutch WWII KXIV (K-14) Submarines. He has been commissioned by the family of a former K-XIV Captain to paint an image of an ocean scene involving the submarine. I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue regarding any reference material or if anyone had ever done a model of the K-XIV?

Mark Copeland
Lakeville, Minnesota
Hi:

I have a 1941 copy of that book. Please email me and I will scan anything in there for you.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

June 16th, 2012, 12:35 am #4

Hello!!

Mark Copeland
Lakeville, Minnesota
Doubleday, 1968. Small pocket format, but I recall pictures and some drawings, including subs.

June 16th, 2012, 12:12 pm #5

Hello!!

Mark Copeland
Lakeville, Minnesota
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/
Wish there was models of these but nice sight thats been around.
Rick