N&W ALMOST done...not quite, though...

N&W ALMOST done...not quite, though...

August 30th, 2011, 12:05 am #1

All,

I got the little plane detail painted (a little bit of highlighted longerons/ribs), weathered, the wings on and most of it rigged. I still need to add control horns, control lines and rig the landing gear and add a windshield. The next time you see it...should be done for real!

Cheers.

August 30th, 2011, 2:31 am #2

Dan that is cracker, top job.

Cheers
Jim

August 30th, 2011, 9:32 am #3

All,

I got the little plane detail painted (a little bit of highlighted longerons/ribs), weathered, the wings on and most of it rigged. I still need to add control horns, control lines and rig the landing gear and add a windshield. The next time you see it...should be done for real!

Cheers.
on that weathering - very subtle! So much difference from the "plain" finish.

Is that EZline for the rigging?

August 30th, 2011, 1:02 pm #4

All,

Cheers.
Love the subtle highlighting of the ribs and structure--very realistic looking!

Stuart

August 30th, 2011, 4:10 pm #5

Dan that is cracker, top job.

Cheers
Jim
It really does look nice next to other WWI types in the case. Can't wait to spring it on an unsuspecting model show. No one over here will have seen one before, that's for sure.

Question is...do I put it in the "Vac/scratch" category or have fun and stick it with all the other 1/72nd "multiwing" guys? Hmmm...

Maybe wait and see how the last part trims out.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

August 30th, 2011, 4:13 pm #6

on that weathering - very subtle! So much difference from the "plain" finish.

Is that EZline for the rigging?

I think I probably should have used a darker shade for the subtle ribbing/longeron structures on second thought...but those little touches do make it look much better than "plain". I know what you mean.

"DanPlane"...hmmm...I can see the first release now and all the modeling world clamoring for ownership.

More soon...

August 30th, 2011, 4:14 pm #7

Love the subtle highlighting of the ribs and structure--very realistic looking!

Stuart
Those highlights really help a bit. The plastic is pretty smooth so faking depth and oil stains on doped linen with paint really does add.

I'm glad you like it. Almost done now!

Bobk
Bobk

August 30th, 2011, 4:54 pm #8

wood grain paint. Does it come in anything other than 1/72? Excellent job. I love all of the 1/72 vac form WW1 kits.

August 30th, 2011, 5:07 pm #9

That's just invisible mending thread from my wife's stash. Colored it with a black Sharpie.

I think I probably should have used a darker shade for the subtle ribbing/longeron structures on second thought...but those little touches do make it look much better than "plain". I know what you mean.

"DanPlane"...hmmm...I can see the first release now and all the modeling world clamoring for ownership.

More soon...
I also wanted you to know that one one of the rudder sides...can't remember which one...I had to use the blue decal because I screwed up on the black one. I hope no one else notices!

The decals were great, by the way even with a bit of carrier. In person, you can hardly see anything and they look pretty much painted on.

Cheers.

August 30th, 2011, 7:28 pm #10

...I won't tell anyone. It's the right hand side and I DID notice , so I mailed a new sheet to you earlier today so you can get the correct colour serial on both sides of the rudder.