My latest project is a LCT of sorts...............

My latest project is a LCT of sorts...............

August 4th, 2012, 3:26 am #1

Here is what I am up to... Took a 1/32 Lindberg PT boat. Purchased at a yard sale. Just the hull. Sectioned about 1 inch out of the middle from stem to stern, and cut off the bow. Bingo! a landing craft shape. Much sawing and glueing. Added a lot of evergreen shapes and a Tamiya gear box at the rear under the superstructure. Geared the gear box to it's lowest setting and attached two wheels fron a RC plane, Just the rims, which made a great spool for rasing and lowering the landing ramp. Fishing line through plastic straws to the ramp. (no binding). Full up and full down takes about 8 seconds. Just right. This is just the basic shape and I still have a lot to add and paint. I am thinking Riverene, brown water Navy.

This could be fun. Oh, I added my tank guy with the pointy finger for a scale reference. Aren't you glad I didn't add the guy looking through the binoculars!!

What do ya think??

California Steve pics....

August 4th, 2012, 3:28 am #2

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

August 4th, 2012, 12:59 pm #3

Here is what I am up to... Took a 1/32 Lindberg PT boat. Purchased at a yard sale. Just the hull. Sectioned about 1 inch out of the middle from stem to stern, and cut off the bow. Bingo! a landing craft shape. Much sawing and glueing. Added a lot of evergreen shapes and a Tamiya gear box at the rear under the superstructure. Geared the gear box to it's lowest setting and attached two wheels fron a RC plane, Just the rims, which made a great spool for rasing and lowering the landing ramp. Fishing line through plastic straws to the ramp. (no binding). Full up and full down takes about 8 seconds. Just right. This is just the basic shape and I still have a lot to add and paint. I am thinking Riverene, brown water Navy.

This could be fun. Oh, I added my tank guy with the pointy finger for a scale reference. Aren't you glad I didn't add the guy looking through the binoculars!!

What do ya think??

That is looking excellent Steven, very nice work so far.

August 4th, 2012, 1:38 pm #4

What do ya think??

That is freakin' awesome!!!!

Now I just wish I could find some 1/48 scale hulls to do the same thing for my brown water navy...

I'll be watching this one closely! Great work so far...

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36