My Kiwi Ventura!

My Kiwi Ventura!

May 15th, 2012, 11:42 am #1

This is the Revell kit. I have used the Vector set for the props and crankcase with the right magnetos and prop pitch absent from the kit. The Xtradecal I have used repeat the mistake previously done, as Slippery Sam was serial n° 4512 and not 4511. The picture of this plane shows a difference between the yellow top of the propellers and the color of the artwork, so red is the option I choose. Ultracats wheels are a real gem. A lot of painting to get the proper worn and weathered look of an aircraft operating in the Salomons in 1943!

Slippery Sam belonged to the 1 BR Squadron and was based on Guadalcanal in late 43. Salute to all my Kiwis friends, cheers, jean.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by D520 on May 15th, 2012, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 15th, 2012, 12:15 pm #2

Very nice!

May 15th, 2012, 1:25 pm #3

This is the Revell kit. I have used the Vector set for the props and crankcase with the right magnetos and prop pitch absent from the kit. The Xtradecal I have used repeat the mistake previously done, as Slippery Sam was serial n° 4512 and not 4511. The picture of this plane shows a difference between the yellow top of the propellers and the color of the artwork, so red is the option I choose. Ultracats wheels are a real gem. A lot of painting to get the proper worn and weathered look of an aircraft operating in the Salomons in 1943!

Slippery Sam belonged to the 1 BR Squadron and was based on Guadalcanal in late 43. Salute to all my Kiwis friends, cheers, jean.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Jean,
That looks wonderful, as always. I hope that we get to see images of the model taken outdoors as well! Thanks as always for sharing,
Dan

May 15th, 2012, 2:36 pm #4

Great to read your answer! The weather is quite stormy outside but as usual I will snap some clear pics outside ASAP. take care Dan, regards, jean.

May 15th, 2012, 2:45 pm #5

Sounds great Jean- have a great day!
Dan

May 15th, 2012, 3:03 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Jean, I resisted buying this kit for lack of space to store more kits- but after seeing this lovely build I can hold off no longer! I'll be writing to Sergei as well- cheers, you magnificent b@st@rd! ;D

chuk

May 15th, 2012, 3:08 pm #7

This model after a Chuk treatment will be a true jewel! Take care my good friend!

May 15th, 2012, 3:33 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
..getting better and better!!!

May 15th, 2012, 4:09 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Another beauty .. and thanks for sharing your research as you usually do.
Tom

May 15th, 2012, 8:46 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
lovely build!