My interpretation of a well known aircraft

My interpretation of a well known aircraft

March 8th, 2011, 5:45 pm #1

Just finished this one a few days ago, another 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9, the first Dora (W.Nr.600150) I posted a couple weeks ago was a gray colored Dora and I wanted this one to have more color to it so I chose ''blue 12'' W.Nr.500570 of JG 6.

I used Model Master enamel paints and my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush to paint this model, markings came from one of those great EagleCals sheets. I did make one change on the markings, after the aircraft number was put on the model it looked too dark and not blue enough to me so I mixed up some dark blue paint and hand painted the numbers on.

[IMG]

Later this year I will build at least one more large scale Dora, not yet sure what markings it will be in.

Les

March 8th, 2011, 5:50 pm #2

Looks great.

Dry fit, don't fit, fix fit.

March 8th, 2011, 5:59 pm #3

This model took me a long time to paint, deciding on the wings uppersurface colors was another thing that slowed this project down and had to give it my best guess.

Les

March 8th, 2011, 6:02 pm #4

Just finished this one a few days ago, another 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190D-9, the first Dora (W.Nr.600150) I posted a couple weeks ago was a gray colored Dora and I wanted this one to have more color to it so I chose ''blue 12'' W.Nr.500570 of JG 6.

I used Model Master enamel paints and my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush to paint this model, markings came from one of those great EagleCals sheets. I did make one change on the markings, after the aircraft number was put on the model it looked too dark and not blue enough to me so I mixed up some dark blue paint and hand painted the numbers on.

[IMG]

Later this year I will build at least one more large scale Dora, not yet sure what markings it will be in.

Les

Love the weathering.

March 8th, 2011, 6:09 pm #5

model that I enjoyed the most, the real thing was very dirty and mud splattered and very little chance of me going too far on the weathering on this one.

Les

March 8th, 2011, 7:21 pm #6

[IMG]

Les

The kit blower intake parts have a joint line where they attach to the base flange that should be puttied up as it isn't there in the real thing. A little detail but kind of stands out in an otherwise really nice job.

March 8th, 2011, 7:48 pm #7

[IMG]

Les

;lik

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

March 8th, 2011, 8:05 pm #8

The kit blower intake parts have a joint line where they attach to the base flange that should be puttied up as it isn't there in the real thing. A little detail but kind of stands out in an otherwise really nice job.
I was in a hurry to start painting this thing and missed it. The good thing is I have at least ten more of these kits in my stash and will get it next time.

Les

March 8th, 2011, 8:06 pm #9

;lik

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
nt

March 8th, 2011, 8:13 pm #10

[IMG]

Les

you nailed it. Perfect contrast. I try to mix to get this, but it always seems to stark. Any tips?

Cheers, Brent
Dysfunctional Model Savant
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just a earth-bound misfit,I"
Just another tongue tied twisted earth bound misfit.