My IJN Hasegawa Nagato sank!

My IJN Hasegawa Nagato sank!

December 19th, 2011, 5:57 pm #1

My 1/350 Nagato which only took 6 months to build was sitting above my TV on a shelf in a very nice display case. The shelf decided it had enough and said f*** it! It went down along with my speaker and ship to land behind my TV and entertainment center. All the long hours of rigging, assembly and PE work are now in a bit of a shambles. Guess I can do a Bikini Atoll Nagato, huh? The display case is a total loss too. I'm bummed.

December 19th, 2011, 6:27 pm #2

Many moons ago one of my "grounded" daughters decided to get even by shoving over my display case full of 1/72nd models, most of which ended up as irrepairable. Took me several days to get over that one.

And yes, she is still amongst the living today. :>)

Any chance you can pull it apart & put her back together again?

Regards, t.

December 19th, 2011, 7:13 pm #3

After I looked at it closer, it can be saved. It'll take a while, but it'll be done. Just hate it though

Rusty White
Rusty White

December 19th, 2011, 8:47 pm #4

My 1/350 Nagato which only took 6 months to build was sitting above my TV on a shelf in a very nice display case. The shelf decided it had enough and said f*** it! It went down along with my speaker and ship to land behind my TV and entertainment center. All the long hours of rigging, assembly and PE work are now in a bit of a shambles. Guess I can do a Bikini Atoll Nagato, huh? The display case is a total loss too. I'm bummed.
Bad enough the Nagato was trashed with all the time and effort you put into it, but if the case was one of those real nice ones; OUCH. Those things are expensive. Probably as much as the model inside.

I feel for ya dude.

December 20th, 2011, 12:48 am #5

Many moons ago one of my "grounded" daughters decided to get even by shoving over my display case full of 1/72nd models, most of which ended up as irrepairable. Took me several days to get over that one.

And yes, she is still amongst the living today. :>)

Any chance you can pull it apart & put her back together again?

Regards, t.
never touched one again ever.

December 20th, 2011, 1:59 am #6

After I looked at it closer, it can be saved. It'll take a while, but it'll be done. Just hate it though
... Best of luck on Build # 2!

Regards,

t.

December 20th, 2011, 2:02 am #7

never touched one again ever.
... but it took quite a while to wipe the frown off my face after the dastardly deed was done.

Amazing what an honest apology can do to mellow things out...

Regards,

t.

December 20th, 2011, 1:09 pm #8

He expected me to blow up and beat the crap out of him or something but i didn't say a peep. That did more damage than any punishment. He knew how bad I felt and never got into my build ups again. And when he broke it, it wasn't even really an "accident" he was snooping in the garage and rooting around where he wasn't supposed to be.

December 20th, 2011, 6:26 pm #9

... of stuff alla time - And got whacked alla time for my efforts (60 + years ago - My, how times have changed [for the better, in this case]).

Good on ya Dad, & have a great set of Holidays!

Regards, t.