My first build ...finished

My first build ...finished

April 5th, 2012, 9:43 pm #1

Way back in June last year I posted the build of this, the Revell M35A2 military truck, as part of the My First Airfix Group Build, (I couldn't get hold of mine, so I did the My First Model ever...)

Allan (AKA The Master) said "Looks like all it needs is a good, careful paint job !!!....."
Well time passes and it's finally done I'm pretty happy considering the kit dates from 1958 or so

I added a few bits and pieces from wire or plastic card

Finished in Humbrol Authentic olive drab, hand painted coat of acrylic varnish and Humbrol matt varnish which came out wonderful when the gloop at the bottom of the jar was stirred good and proper. The kit decals were a joke, but I put them on anyway.

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands

April 5th, 2012, 11:13 pm #2

Great job.

Greg in OK

April 6th, 2012, 1:07 am #3

Way back in June last year I posted the build of this, the Revell M35A2 military truck, as part of the My First Airfix Group Build, (I couldn't get hold of mine, so I did the My First Model ever...)

Allan (AKA The Master) said "Looks like all it needs is a good, careful paint job !!!....."
Well time passes and it's finally done I'm pretty happy considering the kit dates from 1958 or so

Finished in Humbrol Authentic olive drab, hand painted coat of acrylic varnish and Humbrol matt varnish which came out wonderful when the gloop at the bottom of the jar was stirred good and proper. The kit decals were a joke, but I put them on anyway.

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
Really sharp job there!

So, is the Humbrol flat varnish supposed to be thinned like the paints, or just brush it right on? I haven't tried using it, but from what I can see, it looks great!

April 6th, 2012, 2:22 am #4

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
Nice job with the paint. It looks sprayed!

April 6th, 2012, 10:37 am #5

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
Seeing the box art, I do believe I build that when I was a kid. No doubt left unpainted, and used to play "Army" with my brothers.

Stuart

April 6th, 2012, 1:10 pm #6

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
Love that you used the kut decals to boot.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Vic

April 6th, 2012, 2:55 pm #7

inadvertendly upped my brush-paint skill-set!

The gloss varnish was handpainted, then came the black wash, again by hand.

The final Humbrol matt varnish was thinned with Humbrol enamel thinners* and airbrushed!
Sorry for the confusion.

Andrew

* this smells just like regular white spirit to me , just costs more.

April 6th, 2012, 7:54 pm #8

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
Seeing your work on it, it is hard to imagine this kit is "that" old - you really did it justice

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

April 6th, 2012, 8:45 pm #9

Thanks for looking
Andrew Rowlands
I had built the Monogram 1/32 armor stuff as a kid in the 70's, someplace I still have the half-track, all that remains.
Nice work on that..........

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish