My first 4 1/72 planes - Happy New Year!!

My first 4 1/72 planes - Happy New Year!!

Terry Jones
Terry Jones

December 31st, 2011, 1:21 am #1

Hello All!

Happy New Year from Ottawa, Canada!!! Here are the first 4 1/72 kits that I have completed since "getting Back" into it. All are hand painted and all were lots of fun! I am just finishing up the Tojo and then onto the new Airfix Spitfire MK I/II kit! ONCE I finish the RS Ki-61-II Kei!!!

Cheers and all the best in 2012!

Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

January 1st, 2012, 4:22 am #2

As a brush painter myself, I'm always glad to see some others mastering the 'art of the hairy stick'.

The finish on your Hurricane and Defiant is really good. Silver/natural metal is tricky, but your Tojo looks good too. These days I use a Tamiya rattle can Aluminium for those finishes.

Cheers,

Andrew

January 4th, 2012, 3:06 am #3

Hello All!

Happy New Year from Ottawa, Canada!!! Here are the first 4 1/72 kits that I have completed since "getting Back" into it. All are hand painted and all were lots of fun! I am just finishing up the Tojo and then onto the new Airfix Spitfire MK I/II kit! ONCE I finish the RS Ki-61-II Kei!!!

Cheers and all the best in 2012!

Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I remember that Heinkel 100 - excellent work on that kit. The Defiant and Hurricane are top notch as well. Dang, I have to get me one of those Nakajima Tojo's - now that's a plane that screams "fighter" the way it looks!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6; Mad About Migs Pt. 7

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

Terry Jones
Terry Jones

January 4th, 2012, 5:59 am #4

Just getting back into it at the moment. Hand painting, dullcoat spray cans, having fun! Just bought a batch of 1/72 Spitfires to do....one day!

Cheers All!

Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada