Must say that I am pleased with the way my Airfix Valiant is going

Must say that I am pleased with the way my Airfix Valiant is going

November 21st, 2011, 7:01 pm #1

together.

Didn't do much in the cockpit, as you can't see that much anyway once the lid is on. The only area that required some fitting, was the bomb doors. On my kit, I found it best to leave No 2 bulkhead out, and to thin down the forward edge so it would line up with the forward fuselage, otherwise you will get a step.

When it was glued in place, I put No 2 bulkhead alongside the spot where it should go, and to the bomb doors. This makes the whole area stronger.

I put the 22 grams that Airfix called for in the nose, but am going to wait and see if it needs more. Spent no more than four hours doing this, the next step will be the wings.

Cheers,

Derek

November 21st, 2011, 10:58 pm #2

It's a quick build, then you get slowed down by the decals, ;-) (lots) n/t

November 22nd, 2011, 1:58 am #3

are a lot. Going to be fun.

Cheers,

Derek

November 22nd, 2011, 2:11 am #4

together.

Didn't do much in the cockpit, as you can't see that much anyway once the lid is on. The only area that required some fitting, was the bomb doors. On my kit, I found it best to leave No 2 bulkhead out, and to thin down the forward edge so it would line up with the forward fuselage, otherwise you will get a step.

When it was glued in place, I put No 2 bulkhead alongside the spot where it should go, and to the bomb doors. This makes the whole area stronger.

I put the 22 grams that Airfix called for in the nose, but am going to wait and see if it needs more. Spent no more than four hours doing this, the next step will be the wings.

Cheers,

Derek
Pretty please..........

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish