Mr. Color "Leveling Thinner" vs "Thinner"

Mr. Color "Leveling Thinner" vs "Thinner"

March 20th, 2012, 3:45 am #1

Could someone please tell me the difference between Mr. Color(Gunze acrylics) "Leveling Thinner" and Mr. Color(Gunze acrylics) "Thinner"

March 20th, 2012, 3:52 am #2

Mr Color Leveling Thinner has a retarder in it. Mr Color Thinner does not.
Kent

March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am #3

Could someone please tell me the difference between Mr. Color(Gunze acrylics) "Leveling Thinner" and Mr. Color(Gunze acrylics) "Thinner"
It contains an extra additive distilled from the fragrant exhalations of captive unicorns. It is mixed in small batches in secret caves on the slopes of Mount Fuji by teams of *Yosei*, before being bottled for transport across the Pacific to Los Angeles, borne on the wings of cranes.

Actually, it contains a retarder (also available separately in the Mr. Color range). It's simply amazing stuff; not only does it work well with GSI's Mr. Color lacquers, but its also compatible with GSI's Mr. Hobby acrylics and with Tamiya's acrylic paints. When used with these acrylics, you can produce some amazing work as it subtly alters the application qualities of the paint, and provides a more durable finish than the standard "aqueous" thinners or alcohol.

Others have used it with enamels like Model Master, apparently with similarly pleasing results. I have not tried this, yet, but plan to experiment as soon as the cranes arrive with my supply.
Last edited by gbooth95 on March 21st, 2012, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2012, 4:08 am #4

I was ready to give up on Mr. Color when I finally got the Leveling Thinner. With regular Mr. Color thinner, I could not get a good finish at all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">Mark Twain<font>

<font size="2" color="#808080">____________________________________________________________________________________

http://hyperscale.com/approachtonoderatingbg_1.htm
</font></font></font></font>

March 20th, 2012, 1:30 pm #5

the edges of masking tape. Careful use can reduce this, but it's easily removed with gentle fine sanding.
Along with the straight Mr. Color Thinner, they're pretty much my 'go to' stuff for MM and WEM enamels.
HTH

Ben Parsons

"I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together." - Red Green
Of course 1 inch = 4 feet. There are others? .... Why?

March 20th, 2012, 2:38 pm #6

Is the BOMB. Simply the best paint I've ever used. You have to thin it a lot (30/70 paint to thinner), wear a respirator, and be prepared to deal with lingering smells. But the stuff is great.

March 20th, 2012, 4:15 pm #7

It contains an extra additive distilled from the fragrant exhalations of captive unicorns. It is mixed in small batches in secret caves on the slopes of Mount Fuji by teams of *Yosei*, before being bottled for transport across the Pacific to Los Angeles, borne on the wings of cranes.

Actually, it contains a retarder (also available separately in the Mr. Color range). It's simply amazing stuff; not only does it work well with GSI's Mr. Color lacquers, but its also compatible with GSI's Mr. Hobby acrylics and with Tamiya's acrylic paints. When used with these acrylics, you can produce some amazing work as it subtly alters the application qualities of the paint, and provides a more durable finish than the standard "aqueous" thinners or alcohol.

Others have used it with enamels like Model Master, apparently with similarly pleasing results. I have not tried this, yet, but plan to experiment as soon as the cranes arrive with my supply.
Bwahahahahahahaha