"Most accidents happen in the home"......Death of my leftseater..

"Most accidents happen in the home"......Death of my leftseater..

February 29th, 2012, 11:27 pm #1

That's often a joke I've used for a couple that have an unexpected, "surprise" pregnancy. Well, today that saying took on a much more sad and somber note. I recieved the shocking email news that my Vark leftseater of some five years (Nellis and Mt. Home) died days ago from the results of a fall down his attic steps in North Texas. Apparently his skull was fractured, and after having CPR administered by friends, he seemed to be making a so-so recovery in the hospital when a host of tiny blood clots did him in. Here's a guy who with moi and others "hung it out" for countless sorties down in the weeds over at least twenty years, often at night, and he checks out from a crummy fall! Interestingly enough, he took an earlier (80s) serious hit when struck by an automobile while doing his daily run on an English country road near Upper Heyford. That one took him a couple of years from which to recover.

May Nick Muralt, Colonel, USAF (Ret.) rest in peace.

Phil

Last edited by bondo455 on February 29th, 2012, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 1st, 2012, 12:05 am #2

Life is so odd and ironic !! Nick, rest in peace .... Phil -- you keep slinging that bondo .... Sypothies are with you, George

March 1st, 2012, 12:07 am #3

That's often a joke I've used for a couple that have an unexpected, "surprise" pregnancy. Well, today that saying took on a much more sad and somber note. I recieved the shocking email news that my Vark leftseater of some five years (Nellis and Mt. Home) died days ago from the results of a fall down his attic steps in North Texas. Apparently his skull was fractured, and after having CPR administered by friends, he seemed to be making a so-so recovery in the hospital when a host of tiny blood clots did him in. Here's a guy who with moi and others "hung it out" for countless sorties down in the weeds over at least twenty years, often at night, and he checks out from a crummy fall! Interestingly enough, he took an earlier (80s) serious hit when struck by an automobile while doing his daily run on an English country road near Upper Heyford. That one took him a couple of years from which to recover.

Phil
... It's always hard to loose a friend or loved one, but for those of us who've shared those times together, the times where each others lives were in the others hands... Yeah, that's rough...

God's Speed to him.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don

March 1st, 2012, 12:52 am #4

Phil
A friend of mine lost her mother that way. A simple fall while trying to put some dishes up into the cabinets over the counter. The chair slid out from under her and he hit her head on the corner of the counter top. She never regained consciousness...

Dave

March 1st, 2012, 12:53 am #5

Phil
n/t

March 1st, 2012, 12:56 am #6

Phil
....Slow hand salute to Colonel Muralt....RIP

March 1st, 2012, 1:17 am #7

Phil
So sorry to hear that Phil. n/t

March 1st, 2012, 1:46 am #8

Phil
"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

March 1st, 2012, 2:39 am #9

Phil
My condolences to you, Indeed, Fate is Truly the Hunter. n/t

March 1st, 2012, 2:54 am #10

Phil
That's how we humans cope with life. Not knowing when nor how it will end.

My condolences, Bondo.

Bo